When Swayam didn't retort him, "Aur mein Taani ke alawa Meri Zindagi mein kisiko nahi chahta hun, Swayam. Aur Meri future Wohi hai." Rey defended. That clarified Swayam. He just wanted to know where both of them stood in their relationship. And he got his answer from Rey's side. He already knew Taani's choice in this. So he didn't hesitate. "sunke acha laga, jijaji."

Rey's eyes went wide at his remark. He blushed hard.  One day in future, Rey and Swayam would be an actual family.

"Kya chal Raha hai yaha" Sharon stood before them. She looked elegant in white shoulder less gown. Neha, Amar, Rinni were with her. As per the theme of the night, All Girls were in white, while boys had blue tuxedos. Swayam and Sharon had a brief eye lock which was forcefully broken by Rey's fake cough.

Rey tugged Swayam's Blazer and whispered in ear "Taani kab ayegi?" Swayam smirked saying "wait karle… aa jayegi" He then walked away to invite Karan, Surbhi, Kriya, Wahi and Rithwik who just entered the hall.

"Rey." Sharon eyed him suspiciously. "Tum mujhse kuch chupa rahe hai Kya?"

Rey's confidence wavered. He had never hidden anything from Sharon from childhood. They were like two peas in a pod. But this time, it was necessary. Already he had created rifts in his relationship with Taani by involving his best friend which was the worst of his deeds. And he couldn't take the risk of it again. Until the time favoured, he would keep his mouth shut.

Rey locked her neck hoping to distract her. "Tum pehle apne in-laws ko kaise impress karna hai, wo socho"

Sharon's brain immediately went haywire. She though about it from so long. Though Rishi Shekawat treated her good after the bad impression she over came and the confession she did about his son, she was still worried about making a good impression at his mother. "Rey. Mujhe sachmein samaj Mein nahi aa Raha hai, ki Kya karna hai… Aunty ko mein achi lagungi na" she asked with indecisiveness. "Tumhe kaun pasand nahi karega, Sharon" he pulled her cheeks. She smiled at him.

******

"Thank you for coming, guys." Swayam hugged Kriya and beamed at others.

"It's our pleasure, Swayam." Karan reciprocated the smile. "I don't see Taani anywhere"

Swayam's core pinched. It was because of Karan, he somewhere had realised Taani's importance in his life. But he held no grudges. Taani was happy with these people and that inturn calmed him, knowing she had her people to be surrounded with. "Taani apni ek friend ko lekar ane ke liye gayi hai. Aate hi honge... You guys have fun…" he told them. Swayam excused pulling Kriya at side "Please, look after them if anything is required. Make them comfortable…"

"Uffo. Itna bi stress mat lo, Swayam. These guys don't mind enjoying a party." She assured him.

******

"Rey, tumhe lagta hai ki Vicky ayega?" Neha grimaced. "Aul Nil, Bhalath, Simmi bi?" Amar joined the conversation.

"Swayam ne unlogon ko bulaya hai, Neha… but I don't think, wo log ayenge" Sharon was the one who answered. "And they were quite rude when Swayam invited them."

"Per Surbhi, kriya toh aye haina… wo log humara competitors hai… phir bi aye hai.. aur ye log toh humare dost hai… toh kyun nahi ayenge?" Rinni befuddled.

Sharon looked at Rey taken aback by the question. Yes, they were their competitors. Kriya is an old friend and her presence is no surprise. But Surbhi and others were Taani's friends. Looking at Surbhi, all the humiliation happened back in the freshmen party reminscinced in front of her. She had felt so weak and sad. Surbhi was someone who had ripped her emotions apart throwing her into the deep pit. But - She was the one who started the issue between them to began with. If she had given her a chance… things would have been different. And Sharon never hid from her wrong exploitations. If she did something wrong, she had the guts to apologize for it. And she would do it before the night is over.