Connie 7

Stevonnie walks into my office without so much as a knock, closes the door and sits down in front of my desk. I glance over my computer at her and grimace internally. Her expression says it all. Dread settles in my stomach like a rock and I ready myself. "So... hear any good gossip lately?" she asks.

"Ugh, what gossip?" I have a pounding headache that started early this morning. It's far too early for me to be dealing with this crap. I'm still in shock from last night. I can't believe what Steven and I did, much less at the party. I should have been repulsed at his request and denied him. I should have known better. I should have resisted.

Instead I went willingly. I wanted it and I wanted it bad.

The things he said to me, the way he touched me, how he demanded I suck my juices off of his fingers had me trembling. And that orgasm-it shook me to my very core. My legs were wobbly the rest of the night. They still are.

Needless to say, the moment in the closet and the argument afterward led to a restless-and unfortunately sleepless-night.

Stevonnie is way too excited this morning and while I want to just go home and hide forever, if I can't face my own sister, then who can I face? "Weeelllll... The Crystal Clear gossip mill is in full force today. You're the main topic of the morning. Well, you, Kevin, and Steven. They're calling it a love triangle."

I bury my head in my hands and silently scream for a moment before composing myself. "A love triangle? Dear God. I need all the details."

"You sure you want to hear it?" Her smugness turns to genuine concern and I can't help but wonder exactly what people are saying. If Stevonnie is worried about telling me, then it must be bad.

But it can't be any worse than the truth, can it?

"Tell me," I urge her, needing to know despite the intense anxiety threatening to suffocate me. "Please."

"You asked for it..." Stevonnie sighs and leans in close. "They're saying that Steven and Kevin went at it after Kevin caught you and Steven together in a closet during that party. That they fought over you and you interrupted them using some choice words. That Steven touched your neck and you let him and the two of you were making eyes at each other in front of Kevin even though you seemed mega pissed at both of them at first."

'Why is my life a soap opera?' I think in vain. I swallow the bile rising in my throat. "Oh, is that all?"

"Yep." Stevonnie smirks. I can tell she's just tickled by the drama and excitement. My sister is so twisted. Both of them are. "So... is it true? Were you fooling around with Steven Universe in a closet?" She winks at me and I groan.

"It was nothing," I try to sound firm, hoping Stevonnie will leave it alone.

She doesn't.

"Oh please. You're telling me that you went into a closet with delicious Steven Universe to talk about advertising?"

"Stevonnie..."

"C'mon just tell me. Did you do him?"

"No!" My cheeks heat and I curse yet again that my cherry red blush shows up on my brown skin. It's so embarrassing. Besides, I'm telling the truth. I didn't technically "do" him. He just got me off with his fingers.

Not like I can say that to Stevonnie, though.

"Uh-huh." She doesn't believe me. Whatever. "Are you two seeing each other or what?"

"N-not exactly ..." We were supposed to keep this secret and already people are talking about us.

"What does that mean?"