Steven 6

So far today, I've been an absolute pitiful mess. I can't stop looking at the clock. I sat through a pointless meeting and played devils advocate the entire time just to try to make things go quicker. My assistant manager Pearl came by to ask when I was doing the campaign for Connie's new line. The woman would have known if she had listened for a goddamn minute instead of ogling my head of resources.

It's 11:00 and I've locked myself in my office. I don't have a need for food as the lunch hour grows near, I have a need for Connie. I'm starving, ravenous in only the most sexual ways. The innocence of her voice, the needy look in her dark eyes and that smooth skin have me enchanted.

At around 11:23 my receptionist came in with a mahogany colored box. I was going to tell her to get lost but curiosity made me keep my mouth shut. I may have been in a sour mood, but I like presents as much as the next selfish and greedy asshole.

I open it and raise an eyebrow. I know who gifted it to me, and I'm not impressed despite the quality.

Inside is a gorgeous mauve colored tie. I had been eyeing it for months but must have forgotten about it between advertising up my ass for a date and Connie's pert ass. It matches my eyes, my unnatural color. The sadistic, evil, and commanding color it changes when I'm not paying enough attention. Lapis loves that look, telling me it reminds her of the simpler times. She's the only person who knows my heritage, and why there will no longer be 'simpler times'. The tie goes fantastically with my dark grey suit but I hesitate to put it on. I know Lapis will be all over me if she sees me wearing it, seeing as she's the one who gave it to me.

I put it on anyway, but not before checking it for any listening devices or tracking chips. That water witch is crazy and I wouldn't expect anything less from her kind. My computer monitor turns black and I get a good look at myself. I look incredibly debonair and sexy, and the tie just makes it more magnetic. Any other asshole in this place wouldn't be able to pull it off if they were even half as good looking as I am.

I hear her coming before she even enters the room.

"What do you need, Lapis?" I say, starting up my computer and sighing. Why the hell is it still 11:27?

"Well, nice to see you too, Universe." She says leaning in the doorway. Her eyes are dark blue today, and I grimace. That's never a good sign. She's planning something, and I just know the tie has something to do with it. Still, I look at her and remember all the times she's threatened to out me to everyone.

She could easily bring me down and ruin my entire career. But suddenly I wonder what would happen if they knew what she was. We'd go down together, I'm sure.

"Where's your other boy toy? Shouldn't you be off playing with him?" I say it and instantly berate myself for sounding jealous.

"Oh please. I can play with both of my boy toys." She smiles winningly and settles herself in one of the chairs across from my desk. "I wanted to talk to you. I've heard rumors."

I'm instantly wary. "What sort of rumors?"

"That you went to dinner with Connie last night." She makes a tsking noise, shaking her head. "I thought you were giving up that part of the game."

"You wanted me to give it up," I point out. "I never agreed."

"You should. It's pointless, what you're doing. She's a little nothing." She flicks her fingers, knocking a small cup of water on my desk onto the floor. She leans in and lowers her voice. "She's a full human."

"I know, Lapis. You've told me over and over again." I level her with my most intense stare, one that I used to use on Auntie White. "But I'm going to do what I want."