The Trial

Huntley,Ramo said looking at him, giving him the chane to speak.
Miss Yildirim how did you find out he was cheating on you? Karem asked, approaching sibel.
I finished work for the day and i went to his house to surprise him. It was our three year anniversary... i guess he didn't remember.
So you saw them having make out? He went straight to the point.
Yes, Sibel answered with a lump in her throat.
And how did you feel when you saw them?
Disgusted, lonely, sad..
Angry? The lawyer asked. She knew he was trying to imply something .
Yes.
It was your anniversary and you were trying to surprise him while he was cheating on you. You saw him loving another woman, in the same room that he used to love you. Having sex in the same bed he used to tell you , you were the most important person in his life. You felt so disposable and angry that you wanted revenge, karem said looking at the jury.
Sibel was trying to breath calmly to ignore that fact he was describing all the emotions she felts years ago.
Objection your honour. He's testifying!Dogu said standing up looking at opposing council.
Sustained, Ramo intervened looking at karem.
She took opportunity that will make him look bad and lose his job... maybe go to jail... if that's not payback. I don't know that's it. No further question your honour. Karem concluded and sat down.
I didn't do it as payback! I did it because it was the right thing to do, sibel yelled at him.
I said no further questions , your honour, karem replied looking at Sibel sternly.
After the distasteful interrogation, the bell rang indicating the end of class.as everyone left the room karem waited for sibel to finish putting her stuff in her bag. All other students were gone and them and Ramo, who was sorting out the desks, were left.
We are good right? Karem asked approaching her. Sibel didn't say anything and looking at the floor instead him, i mean we talked yesterday and..... I don't want this to be a thing.
It isn't.. we are fine. Sibel replied with a fake smile.
You know i can tell you when you lie.
I said we are fine. And now stop bothering me. I'm in a hurry. She said walking to the door.
Hysterical, karem murmured once she left.
I don't think you should talk like that about one of your partners, Ramo reprimanded him.
He couldn't say more than that, she was just his student after all. Karem looked at him and then left.
.......
Once they arrived home, nehir had r dogu focused on the case while sibel was texting Ramo. He sent her a message to check on her before she even made it home.
S:it's fine. I'm not gonna lie... my emotions scrambled when i heard him but he was just talking about the case. And even if he wasn't i did nothing wrong. He did that. He should be ashamed not me.
R: I agree. He was the one who didn't see how lucky he was to have you. He will regret it for the rest of his life, trust me.
The smile, the blush  that took over her face, made her feel like a high school girl who was talking to her crush for the first time.
Sibel! Are you listening? Dogu seemed upset and how could he not?She wasn't listening to a thing, he was saying, instead she was too busy talking to Ramo.
I'm sorry, i was distracted, what were you saying?
This is important sibel. It's team work, nehir intervened, looking at her friend.
I know, I promise I'm 100 here now, was she though?
I was saying, I think we should put sibel on the stand and make her talk about the information she found, nehir proposed.
Maybe we should appeal the jury's emotions? Dogu said.
Why don't we focus on preparing the witness? I don't think he's going to ask me questions again at least... not tomorrow.
She's right, he will try to distract nehir and make the information she has invalid. We have to find everything he has against her. So we will be prepared to answer. Dogu replied. Looking at both of them.
......
After days of prepping witnesses, clients, and searching for information, it was time for closing arguments. Both lawyers had to make a conclusion that turns the judge's verdict in their favour.
The clock marked eleven to two on Monday morning and all the students were waiting outside the classroom, ready to take their seats as soon as the door opened. Every one was nervous. They spent all night prepping dogu,s speech. Sibel was glad about it because it helped her to not think about her emotions. She hadn't talked to Ramo since the last text, she need to focus on what was really important right now. Just a few smiles, hellos, goodbyes between getting inside the class and going home.
She didn't have the time to talk Karem either. Maybe she should apologise to him for taking what he said personally and reacting so defensively. She was just full of emotions.
The bell rang and they had to get inside. Sibel, Dogu, nehir took their places and waited for ramo to begin the class.
We are here today to listen to both lawyers, conclusions of the case. They jury will vote and at the end of the day, we will have a verdict.  Dogu you can begin,Ramo said once they were all sitting.
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we presented all the evidence you need to believe my client is telling the truth. Yes, she was hurt but she didn't do it out of spite. She was being honest with herself and with the company. On the other hand, we have a selfish man who only cares about money and power. He used the excuse of cheating to cover up his mistake. He's a dishonest man. He lied, He manipulated things, and he is shady. He did something illegal, let's not let the man go free without consequences. If he did this once, he can do it again. Only this time, it could be your family company, he said looking at young man. To the person you love most, he can do it to you. All your efforts for building your dream accountable now. This is in your hands now. Your own future and the future of many families in in your hands. Help us make a better world. Thank you. Dogu sat down and looked at both of his colleagues with a smile.

That was a lovely story... too bad it's not true. She did it because her life is so insignificant that she has to depend on him. She couldn't creat a life on your own. We can even think she was with him to destroy him. She was nothing unless they were together. She was just another associate of the company. He promoted her, he made her feel good. Then he started looking for affection somewhere else, and she knew all that she was given would fall apart. That was when she decided to creat fake information. We cannot let her to this someone else. She doesn't care about how much it costs people to build things n their own... if she wants it, she takes it, karem looked at sibel with disgust. You have the power to make the right call, he said approaching the jury.Don't let her do this again.
Ramo stood up and addressed the class, i congratulate all of you. You did an amazing job. We will be back in a few hours for the ruling.
.......
Even if I don't win, i wanted to say that I loved working with you guys. Sibel said once they were out.
Mee too, nehir and dogu said in union.
What do you say if we go somewhere to get lunch? Nehir proposed.
Great idea. My nerves are killing me, Sibel replied. They went to the same bar she told karem, she didn't want to try again and with the mock trail in the back of her mind, she can now see clearly that she made the right choice letting him go.
......
While they were eating, she texted shahen to tell him everything went well and that they were waiting for the results.
" I'm proud of you! I hope you win. Shahen replied.
I hope that too. What about you? You had exam today Right? Sibel asked.
I got 90%, he replied.
You little genius! Congratulations. Sibel replied.
Who are you texting with? Nehir asked Sibel curious about the smile on her friend's face. Don't tell me, I guess I know who it is. She winks at sibel.
Who? Dogu asked. Come on don't leave me oout of this, he insisted.
Nobody. Sibel put her phone away. It was just shahen.
......
Ramo called his students back to the class and everyone was back in their seats nervous like hell.
First of all I repeat that everyone was great. But one group offered a more convincing argument, determining the outcome of the case... and that group was......

.......
To be continued
Next chp:Rambel ?😉