Summerset Chapter 7

Stellar and I were sitting on my bed hugging each other and freaking out. Ash walked into to the room looking like he was going to say something but did a double take when he saw scene we had laid out in the bed room. To girls one in black fluffy PJ's the other in pink fluffy PJ's sitting on a bed freaking out and hugging each other their make up smeared on their faces from tears lips quivering. It was a hard scene to take in. Whatever he was going to say turned into a "What's wrong?”

"Should we tell him?" asked Stellar in a barely audible voice.

"I...He'll find out anyways." I whispered back.

So she told him. I couldn't process the words but I got the key points of the discussion. I couldn't accept the words that left the mouth, couldn't believe them, not yet.

"Are you ok?" He asked looking at me with compassion in his eyes.

"Y-Yeah, I guess." I stuttered out.

"Whatever you decide to do, don't abort it will only cause you more hurt and won't be worth it. I can only speak for myself of course but we will help you even if Josh jumps ship. I don't want to make you feel alone." he said offering a smile before he left the room.

"He's right you know." offered Stellar.

"Yeah I know."

"When are you going to talk to Josh?"

"I don't know."

"Well you need to talk to him soon!"

"I know."

Ash came back into the room. "By the way, you guys missed breakfast and lunch is ready."

We followed him down in silence to a quietly shocked dining room table. Rosemarry stood up as we walked in looking straight at me. Her intent was clear. She wasn't going to let me get away without a lecture.

"Why? Could you not wait two seconds to get settled into this beautiful home that Harry has provided before shacking up with a man hoer who was only using you to pass sometime! Why when Ash is obviously interested in you do you feel the need to flounce around waving your body in front of the lust filled eyes of a insult to humanity! Why can't you learn from others mistakes without having to make them for yourself? How could you do this! Bringing another child into a house full of ignorant children who know nothing of what it means to survive? Are you special? Is that why? Do rules just not amply to you in particular? And why on this earth did you or the uncivilized idiot not have a condom!" Screamed Rosemarry her voice growing louder and louder as her rant went on. No that it had stopped everyone in the room had turned their eyes on me.

"I don't know, why did you?" I asked simply as if I were asking Ash to pass the mashed potatoes.

She flipped me her middle finger stomping her feet as she left the room.

I made silly faces at her back as she left, knowing this battle wasn't over.

Everyone just sat and stared at me in amazement as I went on eating my lunch. It was a turkey sandwich my favorite.

An hour later I was sitting on my bed again. Stellar had left to her mystery job, Ash was somewhere, Rosemarry was in her room, and Harry some business to take care of. That’s when my phone went off. It was Josh.

Hey meet me at the beach same spot as last night?

Sure! Now?

Yes now! Do you need a ride?

No the beach isn't far away.

Ok see you there.

See you too.

I walked down to the beach plopping down next to him with what I hoped looked like an okay smile.

"Hey." He said wrapping his arm around me.

"Hey."

"What’s up?"

"I need to talk to you about last night."

"What is it?"

"Well...Ummm...I-I'm kind of pregnant.

"Shit" He snarled out in anger.

"What do you think I should do?"

"Well I can take you down to the abortion center now and get you an appointment."

"I can't do that."

"What?"

"I’m not going to kill a baby because we screwed up!"

"I'm not going to be a father." he was set in stone.

"Then I guess you won’t be!"

"Well, I guess this is how I'm supposed to learn to always have a condom on me."

"A kiss should be gift wrapped in love not stripped naked and torched to where it has lost all meaning. That's what I learned." I said getting up and walking away from a stunned stranger on the beach who I couldn't have ever loved. Rosemarry was right in a way, what had I been thinking?

I walked home. Sitting on the couch to watch a soap opera and cry for someone else. But I ended up sitting on Ash who rolled over and for the second time since I had gotten here trapping her underneath him. She fell asleep as soon as she found that there was no way out.