Summerset Chapter 6

I was woken up by several shouts and a constant racket coming from the room above her. Ash, couldn't he just go to sleep! Why does he have to do this now? I dragged my lazy butt out of bed.

I stretched out on my tippy toes yawning. Stellar was asleep in the bed next to mine with her IPod blaring in her so she couldn't hear Ash. It was surprising she could even sleep with those things in. I slowly dragged my feet up the stairs that lead to Ash's room.

"Shut up!" I yelled pounding on Ash's door. The noise didn't stop. "I'm coming in!" I yelled. How were the others sleeping through this?

I opened the door and walked in. The room was walled with wood being the attic and all that had been painted black. It was a pretty cool room for Ash, I wouldn't live here but I could see Ash in it. The thing was Ash had been asleep this hole time. Somehow he had picked up enough momentum and was rocking the bed side to side. He seem to have thrown his lamp across the room also he was screaming about how he wanted to be left alone.

I ran over to his bed just before it completely flipped over and stopped it pulling it back down. He stopped screaming just chattering his teeth a little. He also stopped rocking only shaking a bit. I reached down feeling a wave of compassion wash over me to brush some of his sweaty black hair out of his face. His hand shot up fingers wrapping around my wrist and for a second I thought he had woke up. He pulled me into the bed with a quick yank of his arm. I stumbled into his bed being caught off guard. He rolled over to where he was on top of me. He let out a huge snore. I was trapped under him and falling asleep. I yawned and fell asleep under him.

I woke up still on Ash's bed and he was over at his closet getting dressed and oh gosh he didn't have any close on! Boy was he hot though! Wait reassessing the situation. I screamed covering my eyes. He laughed stuff ruffled and a few seconds later he spoke.

"Ok you can open your eyes now. My pants are on!" He said still laughing. I peeked out from in between my fingers making sure he was telling the truth before I let my fingers slide from my face. He wasn't lying. "Why were you in my bed exactly?" asked Ash looking for a shirt to put on and I was so tempted to tell him not to put one on! But then I remembered Josh.

"Ummmm... You were being loud last night so I came up to your room to tell you to shut up, but you wouldn't so I came in and stopped your bed from tipping over but you grabbed my wrists and pinned me down and I was really sleepy so I..." I took a breath and tried to start again but Ash pressed his finger to my lips stopping me.

"You talk too much. Jeez I wouldn't have asked if I know that was coming! But feel free to come back. I don't mind the company even if I'm not awake at the time." He said smiling and seemed to really mean it.

"Josh thinks there's something going on between us." I blurted out after he moved his finger and instinctively pressed my hand to my mouth trying to catch the words before he could hear them.

"Well is there?" he said kissing my hand that was over my lips. I'm not sure if I was glad I had my hand there or utterly pissed off. He pulled back a few inches his eyes looking straight into mine. I don't know how long he stood there like that. My hand clamped over my mouth both of us looking at each other.

Then Harry walked in. His purple hair was a mess, but he came to a halt staring at us when he saw what was going on.

"Ash did you...? Leslie I thought..." He covered his mouth. He had said my real name. Now Ash Knew and I had liked having that secret! Among the other reasons why I kept my name a secret! Now it was public domain!

"No I didn't! And I won't tell your real name Kat, promise." said Ash walking over to do something with is computer. "Is breakfast ready?" He asked before either Harry or I could move.

"Yeah that's what I came up here to tell you." said Harry starting to leave as I raced to caught up explaining everything on our way to the breakfast table.

Stellar had made breakfast and it was great but after Harry spilled the beans on me being in Ash's room she dragged me up stairs demanding explanations she said to star with what I had done yesterday morning and to work my way to it.

So that's what I did. It was great having someone to talk to about Josh and what had happened with him. She listened to everything never interrupting but added in ohh’s, ahhh’s, and nooo’s, in whenever they were needed. Finally when I got to the part where I had gone downstairs to breakfast I stopped.

"Wow you had a extreme night and morning!" she said looking at me amazed.

"I know right!"

"Yeah!"

"What do I do though I don't love Josh?"

"Wait for him to call you again. If he does you’re in trouble. If he doesn't then you’re off the hook."

"You’re saying he's not going to call me."

"Honey, I see guys like Josh every day. They never call back."

"Well..."

"I know you didn't love him. Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like hell that he would just drop you like that. I know it's happened to me about a million times, and yet I never learn." She sighed.

I sat down on my bed sticking my face in my hands tears threatening. Stellar sat down next to me hugging me. My phone started to ring, I didn't want to talk to anybody right now so I just let it. Finally the call reached voice mail. I heard a familiar voice speaking from the phone.

"Hey Kat, It's me Josh. I'm sorry I kind of lied to you last night, so I just thought I'd clear that up. I'm sorry but I don't love you. I like you and I hope you’re not hurt but I don't love you not now I hope I can when I get to know you better but... Also about last night I was stupid! I shouldn't have done that! Especially without protection. Not that I wish I had never slept with you, I just wish we had been more prepared. Please, unless you are on birth control I'd recommend watching for your time of the month just in case. Bye, I'll see you later." The voice mail clicked off and Stellar looked at me as if she I was going to die.

"You didn't mention the fact that you hadn't used protection! Please tell me that by somemiracle your on birth control!" Stellar said a little loud if you asked me.

"Sorry, I can't."

"Great!" She said using a large dose of sarcasm.

I stayed quiet not knowing what to say.

"Do you know how long you have to wait for a pregnancy test to work?"

"NO!" How was I supposed to know that?

We goggled it and got a variety of results off Stellar's laptop. One said 2 weeks. Another said 7-10 days. Most said after a missed period. Then one even said 24 hours. Stellar after staring at the screen for several minutes decided on buying 1 now and another each time a land mark was reached. So she dragged me to the store with her to buy the first one or the tests so that Stellar would have an excuse for buying them.            

They got a lot of stares as they walked through the mall because of Stellar’s hair even more though when they bought the pregnancy test. It would have been funny to see my face though. I'm sure Stellar was laughing her mental butt of! With all those people staring at us I was having a mental break down and whenever I had a mental break down it showed on my face!

A few hours later I was in the bathroom peeing on a stick. Lovely I know! But what was even lovelier was the pink little plus sign that made me scream when it appeared! I think I almost died when I saw that! Stellar burst in the bathroom even though I still had my pants down, we were both girls, she didn't care. I showed her and she screamed along with me. How was I going to tell Josh?