Chapter 18

I am now sitting on a seat, far away from Trix at the bar. I'm holding a glass of tequila in front of me. It's my third glass. I'm trying to get my mind a little foggy so I'll actually be able to seduce Trix without throwing up. Damien's somewhere across the bar, watching. I refused to let the dads watch me seduce Trix, because, come on, I don't want my dad to see this. I can't even believe that he's the one who's making me do this.

Anyway, I'm watching Trix talk to a bunch of other girls. Watching the girl sitting on his lap whisper and giggle in his ear. I tap my heeled foot against the floor, watching. I watch his hand go up and down the bare skin on her leg, her dress barely covering anything. His hand reaches a little higher.

Now or never.

I drink the rest of my tequila in one go, and then stand up and saunter over to Trix.

I place my hand on Trix's shoulder, looking at the girl sitting on his lap. When I speak, my voice is slurred.

"I think you girls should stop wasting your time. Trix is mine for the night," I say.

The girl on his lap raises her eyebrows, obviously not knowing who I am.

Trix looks up at me, a devilish look on his face as his eyes roam my body, and then he turns back to the girl.

"Get off my lap," He says, no room for argument in his voice.

"You heard him," I say before the girl can argue.

She and her gang leave with a huff.

The alcohol seems to be working its way into my head, and by this point, I'm only half focusing.

I give him a simpering smile and sit down on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Trix's hands are instantly on me, one going to my back and the other making lazy circles on my exposed thigh.

"And what's the cunning heiress doing in a place like this," Trix asks, his voice no more than a brush of air.

I'm surprised he's being so calm. Did he know we were coming? Someone told him.

"A girl can't have her fun? I came here to see you, Trix," I say, running my hands through his hair as I lean closer to him.

His eyes instantly move lower, towards the neckline of my dress that has shifted enough to show some cleavage.

His eyes stay there, even as he asks, "Why did you want to see me?"

I let out a sigh of exasperation, sounding annoyed, "You have your needs and I have mine. You, at least have been able to fulfill those needs. I haven't. What would you say to one night together? Just you and me. In a room. On the bed."

He looks ready to refuse, obviously knowing that I would never willingly do this, but I lean more forward, my arms around his neck tightening. I force myself to breathe, and it's only years of training for this that keeps me form throwing up.

I know Damien's watching me.

Letting the alcohol take over me, I continue leaning forward and lightly nip his ear. The hand he has on my thigh shifts higher.

I shift on his lap, knowing that I sat down exactly where I wanted to when I feel something hard underneath me.

"Just you and me," I whisper, still near his ear. "We'll never speak of it again."

I kiss his jaw, moving my to his lips and yet not touching. Not touching until he speaks again.

"Alright," He says.

And then his lips and mine connect.

It takes all my willpower not to push him away. I wrap my arms tighter around his neck, pulling myself closer.

In one swift motion, Trix stands up, and I wrap my legs around his waist. He makes his way through the crowd, towards the back that holds a couple of bedrooms for VIP members.

In seconds, we're in him room.

He lets me down to unlock his door, and as soon as we're inside, the door shut and locked, I'm pinned against the wall, his lips latched on mine. I try not to grimace, and most importantly try not to compare this experience to the experience I've had with Damien.

We break apart to breathe.

He leans back in, but I'm faster. In two swift moments, I have Trix turned around and held against me, a knife to his throat.

Right before we'd gone into the bar, Dad had pulled me aside and explained what I had to do, and given me the knife that I have right now. James and Damien thought that I was just going to seduce Trix into giving me the information and then I would leave. As if it would be that easy. I knew Dad wasn't telling me the other part of the plan. 

Poor Damien's probably freaking out right about now, wondering if his ex-wife is actually going to sleep with Trix to get the information.

Serves him right. He didn't even try to stop me after I said okay to this little quest.

Leaning close, I whisper in Trix's ear, "If I were you, I wouldn't move right now."