Chapter 12

The next day was Saturday. I woke up, yawning and then looked over at Lily who was sleeping next to me. I sat up and placed my hand against her forehead, sighing in relief when her forehead wasn't hot against my hand. She wasn't having a cold or fever anymore.

Deciding that I can let her sleep in since it's a Saturday, I stand up and take a shower. I throw on a pair of blue jeans and an oversized pretty gray sweater. I use a straightening iron to straighten my slightly wavy hair and then let it loose.

I don't normally straighten my hair. I usually leave it in it's usual waves or curl it some more with a curling iron. Leaving it straight makes me look young. I used to straighten it before I was pregnant. Before I had anything to worry about. When I was carefree. But now I'm a mother. And straightening my hair makes me remember Damien. The way he used to straighten my hair while I sat in front on the mirror and we just talked and laughed.

The last time I straightened my hair was the day before I found Damien cheating on me. But...maybe it's time to change things back to normal. Just a little.

 Just a little

(Her Outfit)

I skipped down the stairs, scrolling through Pinterest as i came to the kitchen. I place my phone on the counter and glance at the clock. 7:00 am.

Damien never wakes up on the weekend until 9:00 and I can let Lily sleep in. Damien always thought it was funny that I woke up super early on the weekends.

I opened the fridge and pulled out the eggs and the carton of milk. Turning back to my phone, I blast on my playlist, letting Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift play.

I turn back to the kitchen, singing along with the song as I grab all the other ingredients I need with expert ease. I liked making food every once in a while, and Mrs. C. always took the weekends off, so I liked to cook.

I gabbed a bowl, and poured in everything, and then mixed everything together with a whisk.

"So say you'll remember me,

Standing in a nice dress,

Staring at the sunset, babe,"

I sang as I got flour on the apron I'd slipped on just before I'd started mixing everything together. Then I pulled out a pan from one of the cupboards and put it on the stove, turning it on.

I poured the pancake batter on after it had heated and made a bunch of pancakes, flipping them into the air and catching them back into the pan with a laugh.

My phone rings and I pick up the call, putting it on my shoulder and pressing my ear against it as I continue mixing the batter.

"Hello?" I ask, flipping the next pancake.

"Eve? Hey, I need to talk to you, honey," I hear my dad say.

"Sure, what's up?" I ask.

"Not over the phone. Can your mom and I come over for lunch? And Damien's parents as well?" Dad asks.

"Of course. Is everything alright?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yes. I'll se you then, darling. Bye," Dad says.

I bid him goodbye and then finish making breakfast and put everything on the dining table.

I ran back upstairs and woke Lily up. She glared at me, obviously angry that she was awoken from her deep sleep.

I smiled down at her, "Don't be like that, baby. Let's get you ready. You're grandparents are coming over today, and, you get to meet your other grandparents."

A few hours later, everyone was awake. I made Lily wear a pretty lavender dress that looked perfect with her green eyes. I let her hair free. Mrs. C. came over to help me cook lunch and I watched Lily run around the house, following Damien around like a puppy.

After we set the food at the dining table, Mrs. C. left, telling me to have a good time. She kissed Lily on her forehead and then left. I was just about to sit down when the doorbell rang. I lifted Lily up, spinning her around.

"Are you ready to meet your grandparents?" I cooed.

Lily nodded enthusiastically. I smiled and kissed her cheek, and balancing her on my hip, I went over to the door.

And opened it.