I'm full of those

I glance over at Sydney, who looks almost as tired as I am.

We may or may not have stayed up until one talking.

I may or may not have stayed up a little longer smiling at my phone after we hung up.

But now, it's the next day, and I regret nothing.

"How much sleep did you get last night?" I ask quietly. He chuckles.

"Probably about three hours."

"Nice, me too," I smile and extend a fist. He knocks his knuckles against mine gently.

After talking for who-knows-how-long, I learned some things about Sydney Summers.

He loves dogs, but sadly doesn't have any because his aunt's allergic and his parents want her to be able to visit. His favorite colors are blue and purple. His sister (Lina) goes to the nearby college but is really the only one he ever talks to at home, since his parents aren't super hands-on. Something also 'slightly traumatic' happened at his old school, but he never said what.

I told him he should come over to my house sometime because I have two big fluffy dogs that I'm sure he would love, and he definitely didn't seem opposed to the idea.

"You know, I have pictures," I whisper. Sydney lifts his head from where he'd been resting it on his arms and frowns.

"Good for you?"

"No," I snort. "I mean pictures of my dogs."

He gasps, then covers his mouth with one hand and glances at the teacher, who doesn't seem to notice.

"Can I see?" He asks, eyes wide.

I grin and nod, pulling out my phone but keeping it under the desk.

I quickly swipe past the poop photos I need to delete and find some pictures of Kiki, my female husky. I click on one with her sitting like a very good girl for a treat I held behind the camera so she would look at it.

I show it to him, and he gasps quietly.

"Oh my god," He whispers. "Send that to me."

"I have another one," I feel my grin pulling wider. "That's Kiki, but this one-" I swipe to my golden retriever- husky mix. "Is Loki."

"Come on," He pats his cheeks lightly. "You can't show me these when I have to be quiet. It's not fair."

I snort. "Fine, then. Either on the call tonight or at lunch."

I put away my phone, much to his disappointment. Bumping into him gently with my shoulder, I smile.

"We need to get together so you can play with my dogs," I whisper. He shivers and grins.

"That's an awesome idea."

"I'm full of those."

"Only sometimes."

"You two in the back," the teacher sighs.  "Please stop making so much noise."

I gasp and hunch over my desk dramatically, and Sydney giggles, though he tries to muffle it by burying his face in the crook of his elbow. I meet his eyes, shining with amusement.

Maybe my lack of sleep is compromising my better judgement, but I think Sydney and I have grown a bit closer.