_______

I was in bed reading when Bucky caught my attention and I watched him get comfortable on the chair, which to his effort, he wasn't doing a good job off because of how big he was and due to his muscles restricting his movements and positions, I could tell how uncomfortable he was getting.

'Bucky', I call out and watch his eyes move to me, 'you can take half the bed, I don't use it', I tell him and he watches me for a moment, 'It's fine', he says, 'I don't want to take a lot of space, so...', he begins but I'm already interrupting, 'you won't, just lie down here, you look uncomfortable there', I state and then I'm watching him slowly get out of the seat, walk over and sit on the bed.

When he's taken his shoes and socks off, he lays down on the other end of the bed whilst I go back to my book and continue to read it.

'What are you reading', Bucky asks and I look down at him and show him the cover, 'Still life with woodpecker', I said, 'It's good, but it's a weird book', I say.

'What's it about', he asks and when I move on the bed and lie back on my pillow, I begin to tell him about the book whilst he listens and asks his own questions which I answer and makes me happy that I'm talking about one of my hobbies, nobody's ever listened or taken an interest in what I've red and when Bucky listened without interrupting me, he felt all the more special.

'Seems like a good adventure', he says and I nod, 'it is', I said and when I go to look at him, I realise how close we are and I stared at him for a moment, until I leaned back into my pillow and created some space between us, I know I was the one who kissed him the first time, but that just felt right for what he said to me, now, I just need some time and I think he understood that.

'Let me know when you've finished it, I'd like to read it too', he breaks the silence and I nod on my pillow, 'I will', I state and then open the book from where I had left off and begin to read it.

*Bucky POV*

I was drifting to sleep when my eyes flew open to a small whimper I heard and when I looked down, I saw Y/n curled up in a ball, sleeping and whimpering like she was in pain, so I reached my arm out to her and traced my fingers down her cheek, 'shh', I soothe and watch her become calm and lean into my touch with another whimper, 'It's okay Doll', I said, 'I'm still here', I reassure her again and move closer to her so she could feel the heat of my body.

When she's calm, she's tucked into my side and I make no move to move away from her, as far as I know, she's comfortable like this and knows I'm watching over her, I won't let anything bad happen to her now or ever, I made her that promise and I intend to keep it.

________

'Morning', I heard Y/n and when I looked over, she was already dressed with a small smile to her face, '...that was the best night of sleep I've ever had', she tells me and sits on the bed whilst I chuckle to myself and watch her put her socks and shoes on.

'Really, when was the last time you had proper rest', I ask and she shrugs her shoulders, 'I don't know, but last night was a good eight hours worth, more then I've slept in a while', she states and I smile to myself, she's had better nights, she just doesn't know it.

'Wanda said breakfast was ready so I'm going down to eat', she says and looks at me, 'if you want to stay in bed for a couple of hours, you can', she suggests and I shake my head, 'No, I'm starving', I said and begin to get up.

'Well in that case, I brought you some fresh clothes from your closet, so you can wear it', she says as I look at her, 'they're in the bathroom', she adds and I smile at her.

That was nice of her, the voice in my head echoed and I nod to myself, it was, I said.

'Thank you', I tell her.