Chapter 15, Garden of Cure

CHAPTER 15, GARDEN OF CURE

"Concentrate," Li Zhang Ke advised as he guided the crown princess, watching from afar. His voice was low and gentle, trying to help her focus.

"This should do right?" She exchanged glances with the general and the target, breaking the calm atmosphere. The general shook his head, denying.

He placed his left grip on her left hand, holding the boy as he was guiding her to the right-hand posture. His back was covering hers. His head was a few inches ahead of hers.

"Concentrate on the target," he whispered

"You're breathing on my neck. Stinky, how am I supposed to concentrate, General?" She pushed the general with her right elbow, punching through his punctured chest.

"Ah," he fell to the ground easily, holding his chest. His face was painted with pain. Furrowing eyebrows, clenching teeth, and super squinted eyes justified his unbearable condition.

"General, what's wrong?" she asked, falling to her knee to take a further look at him. "Your old scar,"

She stared at his chest as it started bleeding through his layers of cloth. Remembering Jing Nu's advice, she pressed onto the wound.

"General, you're bleeding. Jing Nu said we have to press it so you won't die out of blood deficiency,"

The general moaned in pain, furrowing his eyebrow. The facial nerves appeared along with his neck. He shook his head, refusing. He uncovered the cloth covering his chest, revealing three scars on it. His body shivered, cold

"Three? Where get you got another one?" She panicked.

So far, Wei An Ge only knew that the general only had marks on his chest. One from the arrow she shot and another from Li Zhi Jian's stab.

''Wang Xuan," He replied with such a guttural tone of voice. The puncturing pain causes him to roll his body a few steps away on the ground of dirt.

Wei An Ge was left there for a hot second, zoning out as she tried to connect the pieces of the puzzle.

"Why would she? Don't you guys like each other?" She instantly chased Li Zhang Ke, stopping him from rolling any further. The General moaned harder, in pain. "I'll take you to His Majesty's room first, okay?"

Li Zhang Ke didn't bother replying.

She carried the general on her back as they walked to the King's room just a few more meters away. However, due to Li Zhang Ke's weight, their journey was slow. In all of a sudden, the general started biting his right shoulder refusing to shout hence releasing the pain on his shoulder.

"No no" She stopped as soon as she noticed his action. She threw the general to the ground again and removed the glove from her left hand. "Bite this, not your shoulder"

She stuffed the glove into his mouth as he continued biting it madly.

"Are you in that much of a pain?" she inquired,

The general fainted as a response. "Finally, silence"

She continued their journey. Once they entered the room, she threw the general on the bed and ran to a corner of the shelf just to see Li Hua Rong there. Analyzing the shelf.

"HUA RONG!" Wei An Ge jumped, panicked as she was pointing at the general. "Your brother, look at him!"

Li Hua Rong's eyes enlarged in shock but it was not because of her brother but because she finally was able to see Wei An Ge's hand gloveless. There was nothing to cover the floral pattern growing along with her left hand anymore. Her attention was on the crown princess's hand for a while before realizing it was her broth eating in the bed. She then rushed to her brother. "What's wrong, brother?"