Chapter 5, Punishment

Meng Zi Yi as Wang Xuan

CHAPTER 5

Gan Xin found himself laying on the dirty floor of dirt and dead leaves.

"Mother!" He woke up with a headache.
" I'm sorry"

He tried standing, low key trembling in fear. He scanned the environment. It wasn't dark neither was it bright but it was quite cold, he started hugging his body. It was all tall trees and the scary sound of crows made his hair stand. Hugging his arm, he shivered in anxiety.

The sun was falling where the night comes. Gan Xin has not yet known the new surroundings. He fell asleep against a large unknown tree.

"Grrr" a creature reached his leg and began to bite. Gan Xin was dragged around, on the ground.

"ARGH!" He shouted in panic, getting slammed on the floor of dirt. "LET ME GO YOU DIRTY WOLF!"

He assumed by a glance.

The silver wolf ignored the order, continue dragging him faster. He was getting hit by the sharp branches and rocks. His face was full of scars as he started bleeding.

Trying to stop the wolf acceleration, Gan Xin placed the foxglove flower he instantly grew on the silver wolf's wet cheeks that he was able to reach.

The wolf started licking the poison as it slowed down and slowly fell, moaning in pain.

"You sound like a puppy" Gan Xin tried standing even with his injured leg. By the wolf's sharp teeth, his foot was punctured through his muscle. Out of pity, he dragged the wolf by its tail, templing as he walked back to his original position. He intended to save the silver wolf. "Don't worry, I will try to treat you"

Gan Xin, dragging the silver wolf arrived at the land, beside a long crystal clear stream.

"Wolfie, let me clean my leg that you bite okay" he let go of the tail and hurried to the stream as soon as wolfie the silver wolf went silent.

Gan Xin tried drinking the stream water and it was cold and refreshing. He reached for a leaf and folded it into a cup to give to wolfie.

"I think we need to build a castle. Don't you think so, wolfie?" He placed his hand at his waist, looking at wolfie still laying in pain, drinking the water provided. "Yup, you agreed"

He convinced himself, smiling. Brown dust followed his fingers as he draws a large mighty castle he wished for. He pulled the drawing to the land and a cottage was built instead of a castle.

The small cottage was made up of poisonous woods and plants. The roof was full of foxglove plants to protect from the heat of the sun and the coldness of the night.

"We shall call this a castle, wolfie" Gan Xin tried to regain his confidence, laughing at himself.

--

Wei An Ge has been asleep for a week. Thanks to Jing Nu's effort making the crown princess eat porridges throughout her comma.

The blue scar on her forehead and cheeks has not faded at all. It didn't get worse either. The King didn't have the opportunity to visit her at all after returning from Wei Zhuang. He didn't even get to have a proper rest. Instead, he went to the Imperial City to have a tour of the people well being.

It was a peaceful morning at the crown princess manner labeled Chang Ge. The same old maid, Jing Nu was giving the crown Princess porridge for breakfast. She was leaning on Jing Nu's left side as she try to get each spoon of food into the crown princess's mouth.

"Crown princess, I know you feel lonely in this dark kingdom but this lowly servant dare to guarantee you that we have the best food"

the maid laughed, recalling the memories where Wei An Ge used to steal sweet treats in the Imperial kitchen and always ended up getting caught and whipped by the generals.