Chapter 10, Days out

CHAPTER 10, DAYS OUT

*picture is the hogweed plant*

"Jing Nu, is General Li Zhang Ke dead?" Wei An Ge jumped to the conclusion after waiting in the training base the whole morning. Yet there was no sign of the general around since yesterday's accident.

"Ish, Crown Princess. We would be at the funeral if he is" Jing Nu persuade, collecting arrows.

"This can't be" she pulled Jing Nu to her by the arm. "Let's make beef lotus soup for him. Regain those punctured muscles"

Jing Nu nodded, smiling sneakily.

They headed to the imperial kitchen.

"Crown princess," the chefs bowed, "would you like us to make you anything?"

"Can I use the kitchen?" She asked. "Jing Nu is teaching me how to make lotus beef soup"

The male chef smiled, agreed. With an opened arm, he welcomed the crown princess into the kitchen, preparing the utensils and ingredients needed.

Inside a medium-sized bowl, she threw a bunch of garlic, ginger, oil, beef slices as well as lotuses. Jing Nu helped her prepare the very fragrant soup.

"Crown Princess," the Li Manor guards greeted.

She walked along the road and reached General Li Zhang Ke's room. The garden in the manor was mesmerizing with beautiful colors of various types of flowers. Indeed, the most beautiful manor in the Imperial City.
.
Before knocking,

"Li Zhang Ke, how are you a general? The crown princess can't even hit the bullseye" argued Wang Xuan, looking at the General, afraid.

"Xuan Er" he mumbled, still shutting his eyes down. His tone was breathy and husky. Sick, generally.

Wang Xuan nodded, smiling. She held his hand tighter.

"General and Wang Xuan are a couple?"Wei An Ge asked, whispering. "They're so cute"

Both of them were hiding beside a corner of the manor, having the perfect seat to watch the scene.

"Crown Princess let's return before they see us. We can eat the soup," Jing Nu recommended, pulling her away. She felt a slight awkwardness and guilt upon interfering with other people's business.

"Let's go"

"Crown Princess," the line of generals and ministers bowed, respect. "Are you here to visit Li Zhang Ke?"

"Damn it, Jing Nu" she turned, awkward. "Wei An Ge greets generals and ministers"

"Yeah, I prepared a beef lotus soup for the General. I felt guilty because the one that shot him was me." She passed the container of soup to the hand of Li Zhi Jian. "Wei An Ge apologized, I'll take my leave now"

Instantly she engaged her arms on Jing Nu and walked away, awkward and fast.

They watched the crown princess and Jing Nu leaving, startled. They immediately entered the room.

"Li Zhang Ke, how can you be shot by the crown princess?" General Wang Xuan interrupted, furrowing his dark eyebrow.

Li Zhang Ke tried standing to greet the general even when his lip was as pale as his skin.

"Good morning, generals" he greeted.
"I don't know how, I was asleep"

"True," Li Zhi Jian protected. "This was an accident"

"You guys haven't explained to me why were you all peeking at Li Zhang Ke last night. You could've met him directly like this"

"Xuan Er, it's not even your matter in the first place," her father replied, in an annoyed tone of voice.