80. Betrayal

A/N: Coincidentally, December 3, 1792 happens to be the day Washington was also elected to his second term. It's Y/N and Ham's anniversary. And it's my birthday.

Everything happens on December 3 or 14.

The 14th is like Hamilton's anniversary with Eliza and Washington's deathday lol.

》》》》》》

Y/N's hands find their way to Thomas' curls, her fingers tangling in his red hair.

She savors their kiss for a brief moment.

Thomas pulls away after a long moment, closing his eyes tightly. He holds her chin in one hand, his other on her waist.

"God," he whispers, his eyes flitting down to her lips. "That had been... quite a long time coming."

Y/N catches her breath, resting her hands on his chest. She nods.

"But..."

"We cannot go any further," they both say in unison.

Thomas looks up from where he was staring at the hand on her waist to meet her disappointed gaze with his own.

"How disappointing..." he confesses, taking her hands in his.

"In another lifetime, perhaps," she murmurs, finger tracing a button.

Thomas lowers his head, pressing his lips against hers in a swift parting kiss.

He kisses her knuckles when the kiss ends.

"Perhaps..." he whispers, completely pulling away.

He clears his throat, "Ex... excuse me..."

Y/N doesn't answer, looking away as he leaves.

》》》》》》

"What are we burning?" Y/N asks, patting James' back to burp the half-asleep baby.

Alexander jumps from where he was hunched by the fire, "Christ, woman."

She raises an eyebrow and he lets out a sigh of relief, "Is sneaking around something your father taught you or just something you learned?"

Y/N chuckles slightly, "Something I learned with Jack when sneaking around Mount Vernon and its creaky floors."

"Mount Vernon has no creaky floors," her father says from behind her, startling both Hamiltons.

Alexander stands up, "Inherited it is."

George smiles, baby George cooing in his arms.

Y/N's attention returns to the fire and she asks her husband, "So what did you throw in the fire?"

"Old letters," he answers. "Letters I've no need to keep around anymore."

"Oh," she walks past him, picking one up.

Alexander feels a chill run down his spine, but breathes a sigh of relief when it turns out to be some old letter from his brother and not one from Mr. or Mrs. Reynolds.

"Should you really be burning this...?" she asks softly.

Alexander grabs the rest of the small stack of letters and quickly throws them into the fireplace.

"I've no need for it."

"He was your brother," Y/N tells him. "He was Franklin's father. Don't you think that when Frankie grows up that this letter will give him a chance to know his father?"