"It's-" I begin to say but Annabeth stops me.

"Barry? Isnt that the guy who you met at Big Belly Burger?" She points at Barry, aka the Flash who still has his mask on.

"Oh, come on! You saw my face for ten seconds!" He said hopelessly. "How'd you even know it was me?"

I was surprised as well. I've been with Barry longer than Annabeth has but she figured out who he was far quicker than I did. Daughter of Athena things, I suppose.

"It's the jawline, definitely the jawline," she points out.

"Everyone says that," Barry grumbles. Since there was no need for him to wear his mask anymore, he pulled it off, showing off his ruffled brown hair.

"Ah, and he took it off. Brilliant." The wheelchair dude says, rubbing his forehead.

"I mean, they already know who he is. There's no point in hiding it anymore," Dr. Snow shrugs and sits down in a chair.

Annabeth looks at wheelchair dude again and squints her eyes, my gods, what is it with her?

"I remember who he is now," she says quietly. It took me a moment to realize she was speaking in ancient Greek.

"Who?"

"Dr. Wells! Of course, how could I have been so stupid?" I can tell that she's mentally hitting herself for not realizing who that was sooner.

"Who's that?"

She gives me a deadpan stare as if I'm supposed to know every guy she's obsessed with. "He's the guy who built the particle accelerator and it went kaboom," she moves her hands into an exploding motion.

"Oh, that guy."

I glance around and realize everyone's looking at us, I don't mind. I'm used to the stares I usually get. But I definitely heard Barry ask Cisco, "what language are they speaking?"

Cisco just replied with a shake of his head.

"Greek," Dr. Wells speaks for us. He rests his head in his hand and watches us intensely, it's a bit creepy. "They're speaking Greek. Am I right?"

"Ancient Greek," I correct him and stare back, and I refuse to blink because he hasn't blinked but I know we aren't having a staring contest.

I keep looking at everyone. This was awkward. "Well," Annabeth speaks, breaking the tension."We ought to get going now."

She grabs my hand tightly and gives everyone a sheepish smile. She pulls me towards the door but Dr. Wells blocks our path. "Going so soon? I thought we could talk."

"Dr. Wells-" Barry begins to say but he holds up his hand to shut him up and he obeys immediately.

"Everyone else might brush off this but I really would like to know why you were here, eh? I mean, I don't know about you, but I find this a bit skeptical." He grabs the remote off the table and turns it on. From behind us, we hear the tv.

I guess we weren't on the evening news. We were on the news right now.

"At the annual science event held here in Central City today, ten people were injured. People say three teenagers attacked another two at the event today and some guests got involved in the situation and got hurt. Security cameras didn't catch any footage of them, but we got this picture of two of the attackers. . ."

They proceed to show an image of Annabeth and I. It was blurred but people who knew us personally would be able to tell who we were.

"That's not good," I whisper to myself but I swear this guy has the hearing of a Satyr.

"Not good, indeed," Dr. Wells smiles at us, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

———

Finally, we're at a decent part in the book. This is where everything starts to happen ahaha.

Also, thank you guys so much for 800 reads 😭 I appreciate all of your support <3

And thank you once again to WIldman98 . I'm always going to tag him so it shouldn't be a surprise if I do it every chapter lol

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! See you soon :)))