Chapter 14 {apology}

You can apologise over and over but if your action doesn't change, the words become meaningless...

Catalaiya's pov:

This morning, I woke up at my usual time. I got ready for work and grabbed my handbag before making my way downstairs.

 I got ready for work and grabbed my handbag before making my way downstairs

(Catalaiya's outfit⬆️)

As I turned to make my way to the kitchen area, my eyes landed on Carter who was sitting at the dining table. His eyes were fixed on his phone as he typed something rapidly.

I looked around for Thalia but she wasn't there.

I walked closer to the kitchen counter and hearing my footsteps, Carter looked up at me.

"Good morning," he greeted me with a light smile.

I was taken aback. I wasn't expecting him to talk to me, or to even smile at me.

"Good morning," I smiled back.

I looked on the dining table and the breakfast was there, all ready. I pour myself some coffee before walking to the table and sat at my usual seat, which happen to be in front of Carter.

I briefly glanced at him and that's when my eyes landed on a weird-looking logo on his t-shirt. It looks familiar yet it looked weird. I shift my gaze on the sem on his shoulder and everything click.

His t-shirt was inside out.

"Ehm, your t-shirt is inside out," I spoke, making him look at me again. He then looks down, before sighing.

"So that's why the security guards were looking at me weirdly." He concluded making me chuckle.

"Thank you," he says and I gave him a nod.

I grabbed one of the toasted bread and spread some butter on top of it. I took a bit and it was crunchy like I love it.

"Good morning,"

I turned to my right and saw both Thalia and Alfred walking toward us.

"Good morning," I greeted them.

Thalia sat beside me while Alfred went to sit beside Carter.

"Aziel will be here soon," Thalia told us. She started to serve them their breakfast and Carter put his phone to the side to focus on his food.

"Here," Thalia says as she put some scrambled eggs on my plate.

"Thanks,"

"Morning,"

I looked up and my eyes caught with his piercing greyish eyes. Like yesterday, he didn't look away. Instead, he kept eye contact as he walked around the table and sat on my left side.

He usually sits at the end of the table, why would he sit beside me?

"Aren't you going to sit at your usual spot?" Thalia asked him, confused.