Chapter 6 {Pond}

Sometimes handmade is so much more meaningful...

Catalaiya's pov:

Once Aziel left-which I knew he did since I heard his car drive away-I made my way to the master bedroom. On my way, I try to look for Thalia but she wasn't there. I guessed, she went to the guest house.

Once in the room, I looked out for my laptop. Thalia kept it on the shelves below my clothes, along with my chargers, notebooks and diaries. I grabbed my work diary and my laptop before walking to the couch.

I sat down, dialled Nayve's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey," I said.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" She asked concerned making me frown.

Besides from being an assistant, she was also a good friend of mine. She knows that I was getting an arranged marriage but the concern in her voice tells me it was for something else.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Well, rumours are going around that you were kidnapped on your wedding day and you are now married to a mafia." She whispered the last part.

Who the hell spread this rumour!?

"I wasn't kidnapped," I reassured her.

"Oh thank lord-wait a minute you didn't deny the last part." She pointed out making me sigh.

"Cause it's true," I say.

"Damn... is he... hot?" She asked curiously.

I rolled my eyes, "Nayvee."

"What? I'm just curious." She playfully said.

"Anyway, let's talk about work. Tomorrow I'll be back at the office and-"

"Woman, you just got married!" She interrupted me, almost screaming in my ear.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "So?"

"Look I know this means nothing to you since it was a deal... but why don't you take this opportunity to take some time for yourself? You have been working your ass off for two years. Take a break and relax." She said.

"There's a lot of work pending," I reminded her.

"Then work from home. Don't worry about the office, I'll send you all the pending files by email and once you check them, I'll make sure the rest of the work will be done correctly." She reassured me.

"Are you sure you'll be able to-"

"Yes boss,"

I sigh, I guess I can work from here.

"By the way, everyone is referring you as the 'Mafia Bride'."

I scoff, "That's all they come up with?"

Nayvee laughed, "You know how they are."

"Anyway, send me some of the files. I'll get to work right away."

"Sure,"

I hang up and waited for her to send me the files. Once she did, I started on the first one. Two hours later, I heard a knock and I looked toward the door.

"Lunchtime," Thalia informed me, "I'll serve your food."

"Wait," I stopped her before she leaves.

"Can I have lunch with you and Alfred? I don't want to eat alone." I asked and she looked at me surprised.

"Sure but we'll have to go at the guest house though,"

I shrugged, "No problem."

I turned off my laptop before making my way downstairs, following Thalia. She stopped by the counter, handed me the juice jar while she grabbed the food pot. We both walked out to the guest house.