It all started when she was eight. She was a bubbly child, and everyone around her came to love her.

Everyone except Tony.

He ignored her the first few months, threw insults at her and yelled at her for the smallest of things, but naive little Alexandra didn't mind and thought he was just having a bad day like everyone else does in their life.

That's how much if a big heart Alexandra had.

But one day, Tony left eight year old Alexandra home alone and when he came back, drunk as ever, he had hit Alexandra because in his drunken state, he thought it was the right thing to do.

'You're a worthless little bitch who doesn't deserve an ounce of happiness.'

It was something imprinted in her head since that day.

From that day on, it started with slaps here and there, then slowly turned into kicks, punches, pushing her little body down the stairs, throwing things at her and slicing her skin. Then he started starving her, not allowing her to eat anything, let alone, drink.

It was never the same after that day

❦ ❦ ❦

The next morning, Alexandra woke up to the sound of her blaring alarm. Turning around, she reached her alarm clock to see that the time read 5:20 am.

She turned off the alarm and bit her bottom lip as she tried to get up without causing herself any pain, but it was impossible seeing as she had broken ribs.

Alexandra, once again didn't get much sleep due to the nightmare, but she still had to get up if she didn't want to get punished again.

Walking to the bathroom, she does her business before changing into some baggy jeans and a hoodie— something that made her comfortable, then she made her way downstairs to make him his breakfast.

She started going through the fridge and cupboards to find something to make for him to eat and at last, she decided on some scrambled eggs and bacon with two toasted breads.

She made sure to make everything perfect so that he doesn't do anything to her right before school, so when she heard hard footsteps coming down the stairs, she quickly rushed and stood opposite from where he usually sits, with her head down.

He takes a seat and starts eating after sending her a harsh glare filled with hatred.

The small girl stood there until he was done with his breakfast, fiddling with her fingers as he stared at her with so much annoyance while he ate, making Alexandra nervous.

Soon enough, he was done with his breakfast so she took his plate and left it in the sink before walking to the corner where her backpack stayed.

Suddenly, her hair was gripped roughly and she's brought face to face with Tony.

She was more than scared of what he was going to do, she didn't do anything wrong so what could he possible be mad at?

"Get home straight from school, got it?" He said through gritted teeth, his grip on her hair tightening.

Too scared to speak or move, Alexandra is frozen in her place as she looks down at the floor.

"Got. It?" A low scream escapes her mouth as he roughly brings her to look at him by her hair.

She nods while whispering a 'yes' before her head was pushed away.

She waits until he's out of the house before getting her backpack and leaving the house, making her way to school.