Poetry✍

Below are the results in the poetry category, as given by judge Miss_Cafephile. If you submitted your book in this category, scroll to find the title and username associated with you work and the attached review. The books are listed in order of entry, as listed in the 'list of participants' chapter. 

The Gift of Words by kakolisingha

Cover : 4.5/5
Title : 4/5
Initial perception : 15.5/20
Pacing : 9/10
Language : 11.8/15
Grammar : 16.2/20
Poetic quality : 22.5/25
Total : 83.5/100

Review :
The cover looks professionally made, and it definitely has the potential to draw in the right audience for your book. Whoever prepared the cover has done an excellent job. Besides that, the moment I read the title, I could guess correctly that your book is under the poetry genre. I can see that you have put a lot of effort in finding the right title. Well done!

Some of your poems are the short ones, but they're still beautifully written. The messages are still there. The comparisons that you have used are also commendable enough. However, there are also some parts that lack diction and advanced words. Hence, I suggest using more of them. This can also help your readers to have a vivid imagination more in their mind. Next, I can see that you don't have much issues with grammar. A lot of effort and editing have already been put into it.

Overall, it was a pleasure reading through your chapters. As a result, I also had fun reviewing them. I wish you the best in the world of writing, dear author. Good luck!

Cement City JH_Foliage

Cover : 4.5/5
Title : 4.5/5
Initial perception : 16/20
Pacing : 9/10
Language : 13/15
Grammar : 17/20
Poetic quality : 22/25
Total : 86/100

Review :
I am extremely impressed with the book cover. It's neat and everything looks clear. Even though it looks simple, it's already more than good enough to grab people's attention upon your book. Kudos to your graphic designer for it! When it comes to the title, it's even better. It makes me happy to be able to see the connection between the title, the cover and also the poems. The title also isn't generic on Wattpad based on my research.

Well done!

What I enjoy is that you threw me right into the chapters with no hesitation or nonsense. It's intriguing and pulled me right in. Your hook is genuinely present. I will always come back to your poetry books next time. Next, I actually faced a hard time finding any grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors in your works. Perhaps there are a few, but I am still glad that you don't really have issues with those.

Overall, I truly enjoyed reading your book. You don't really use fancy words to describe certain scenes, but the messages are still there. This is what matters more. Congratulations, dear author!

Poems by an Overthinker hazardous_waffles

Cover : 3.8/5
Title : 4/5
Initial perception : 16/20
Pacing : 8.5/10
Language : 12/15
Grammar : 16/20
Poetic quality : 22/25
Total : 82.3/100

Review :
After taking a glance at the book cover, the one thing that I feel a bit unsatisfied with is the author's name or pen name. For this part, I highly suggest making it look clearer. It can't be seen properly due to the colour contrast. Then, the moment I read the book title, I thought that it was a cliche one, but I was wrong. I could see that it fits your genre and also your works. I'm glad to know that the sense of originality can still be seen here. Well done!