Chapter Six: Bittersweet

As Evie and Meela awoke to love, Clarissa continued to dream in hate.

..oOo..

            Pharoah Seti is dead, leaving the great kingdom of Egypt to his son, Ramses. Anck-su-namun is dead and the Med-jai are searching for Imhotep, who is now in hiding and once found is condemned to death. I feel as if everything I know has fallen apart, though this wouldn’t be the first time I’ve felt this way in my life. The sweet Princess Nefertiri has locked herself within her chambers and has refused to eat anything. I have tried countless time, along with her brother, to try and make the princess leave her chambers or at least eat something but she is stubborn like an ox. I would usually smile at her stubbornness but right now…right now I can’t seem to smile anymore.

I wonder if I will ever get over Imhotep once he dies. I know he deserves his punishment but I still can’t help but love him…even after I found out that he was seeing that woman behind my back. I wish I could change thing and even though I am the Temple and I do hold some power I still cannot change a thing.

I wonder if the gods have abandoned me…

..oOo..

I wondered through the quiet hall of the palace, the black silk that I wore drifted around me as I walked, as if I were only a ghost that haunted the golden halls instead of a heart broken woman. It has been a week since the death of the pharaoh and while he is still in the mummification chambers Anck-su-namun has been put to rest without the luxury of mummification to preserve her body, though she should be thankful that they were at least kind enough to put her organs in Canopic Jars.

I let out a sigh as I felt the cool midnight breeze flow threw my hair and chill me to my very bones. Oddly enough I though it was a nice feeling and this feeling guided my feet to one of the many courtyards within the palace walls. I walked further into the courtyard till I could see the moon; I stared at it longingly as I tried to clear my troubled thoughts that ran through my head. While the lady moon drew me in I did not notice the movement of a shadow behind me.

“Sanura.”

I quickly turned around, staring at the shadow incased figure that had spoken my name.

“Imhotep?” It came out more of a statement than a question.