Chapter Four: Karnak

Sand, sand, and more sand; that was all I could see for miles. I kept my hands in my lap, (thankful that they had not tied them after my failed escape) playing with the Bracelet of Anubis. Now that I actually had time to look at it, it was—in fact—very decorative. Whoever made it must have taken forever to finish it. The tiniest of details on it seemed impossible to do even for a jeweler today (and we’re talking about someone from five thousand years ago making this!).

I was soon knocked out of my thoughts by one of the random jolts from the train. I’ve been on plenty of trains before and I would have to say this was the worst train ride I’ve been on. It seemed that every so often the train would go into some fit and act up a bit before proceeding to its destination…

I frowned at the thought of the destination as I went back to fiddling with the bracelet. Once I got to Karnak I would have to tell that monster where to go next.

I don’t have to tell them the right location though! I could lie; keep them off the trail until…until what? I die and then he goes to kill Rick and his family? I let out a tired sigh as I rubbed my eyes, squeezing them shut in my own stupidity.

Another jolt; I lurched forward and banged into the table. Roughly I was pulled back into a strait sitting position. I gave a quick glare to Lock-Nah who gave me a glare of equal power in return. I turned away from him and looked out the window again.

“Are we there yet?” I perched my arm on the table, resting my chin in my palm as I continued to look at the nothingness, bored.

“And why should I tell you,” he spat, continuing his assault of vicious glares at me.

I turned back to him, though my glare did not hold as much ferocity as his, “Well its always nice to tell the one your escorting when she will arrive at her destination. It’s common courtesy; though I guess someone like you wouldn’t know that, would you?”

“It is best you hold back your tongue or next time I shall enjoy cutting it off!” he smirked and I glared venomously at him, holding back a shudder. Swiftly I turned my head back towards the window, not wanting to look at the man any longer; though I could still feel his sharp glares attacking my back. His rage was radiating off him, itching to repay me for damaging his pride.

He took a step towards me; I tensed. I placed my hand onto the table and moved it upon its surface, outlining every flaw within the rough surface. A blade bit into the wooden table and halted the movement of my hand. Though I knew whose blade it was I did not look up to give him the satisfaction he desired.