Chapter One: HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED

Clarissa sat in a dark office room with her clients. Her white hair was placed in a messy bun with a golden clip holding it in place. She wore a lovely dark blue dress that complimented her eyes (which were an ice blue) and a golden necklace with wings sprouting from the sides with tear shape charms on the tips of both the wings and one from the Sapphire, which was mounted in the middle.

“Why is it that you have requested my services gentlemen?” she asked as she took a sip of some white wine from her glass. The very jester of power made it seem that it was they that was visiting her and not the other way around. The goatee man in the middle (who seemed to be the leader) cleared his throat before looking back at her.

“Well, you see Miss. Nightshade, I have been trying to get my hands on a...certain artifact. My previous attempts have turned out to be unsuccessful; I heard that you could help me. You are widely known to be successful in any job that you are given, hence is why I am asking for your services today,” the man paused to brush his goatee before he continued, “how much do you charge for you services?”

Clarissa sat down her glass as she looked at the man, “It depends on what the job is,” she stated as she leaned in with interest.

The man gave a cough before turning away from her predator gaze, “Ah, well, I seek the bracelet of Anubis,” he looked back at her with a hard gaze, “I already know the exact location of the bracelet, all I need you to do is retrieve it from the—“

“—No,” she stated flatly as her gaze went from that of interest to one of complete boredom.  The man gave her a shocked expression, as if he had never been told no in his whole life.

“B-but Miss. Nightshade! We are willing to p-pay you any price you wish for b-bringing us the a-artifact back safely miss. And u-hh—“, was all he got out before she put her hand up to halt his stuttering mess of words.

“I am sorry sir, I will do many things such as assassinations and stealing,” she gave him a long, hard pause that made him sweat, “but I draw the line when it comes to upsetting the gods. I do not wish to have them on my bad side sir; if you know what I mean.” She stood up fluidly, her hand extended towards the man; the man took her hand shakily—but not before he wiped his face off with his handkerchief. She grabbed her coat from the back of the chair as she began to walk towards the door; she stopped at the office door that was held opened to her and looked back at the frightened man.

“Oh, and sir. May I suggest getting some fools to retrieve your precious bracelet? I doubt you would be able to get anything better for such a senseless task you ask for,” she chuckled; then she was gone.