Burns

Dalia's POV

"I'm out of ideas! Best we can do is run back around and hope something opens up." I yelled.

"Alright." Johnny yelled back.

We went back into the main room and there was a small patch in the back of the room but I didn't think we would be able to fit through it.

We started making our way towards it anyway. I noticed the ceiling was gonna cave in.

"Watch out!" I yelled.

I ran in front of Johnny and pushed him back into the third room.

I screamed as I barely made it into the room with him.

We both yelled as the fire started to cave in on us.

We continued along the edge of the third room and I felt something pull me backwards.

Someone had my jacket collar.

Whoever it was grabbed Johnny's, too.

We both turned around and there he was.

Right in front of me.

The one and only...

Dallas Winston.

"Dallas?!" I yelled.

"Dalia?!" He yelled at the same time as me. "What in the fucking world are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing!" I screamed.

"Fine. We'll discuss this later. For now, we've gotta get outta here.

He pushed Johnny in front of him and grabbed my wrist, pulling me along.

I assumed he had a way out, but my angst and pettiness took over.

"Let go of me!" I yelled snatching it back.

"What are you doing?" He yelled. "Johnny, go through that door and crawl through the bottom. Ponyboy'll help ya out." Dallas said pointing. He turned back to me. "Dalia, come on!" He yelled.

"No! I don't want your help!" I screamed.

"Well, you're running out of options! Let's go!"

I sighed. I guess I did wanna live. And if following Dallas meant what it took to survive, I guess I'd have to do it."

I started to walk towards him and he started yelling again. "Get back!"

"What?" I yelled. Did he really just tell me to get away from him?

"Get back!" He yelled again.

He shoved me back and I lost my balance and tripped over a piece of burned wood.

I only then realized why he was telling me to back up.

A piece of burning wood fell from the ceiling as I fell to the floor.

The burning wood crushed my leg and I let out a blood curdling screech. I tried to pull my leg out from underneath the wood, but it was too heavy to lift off by myself.

Dallas grabbed another piece of non-burning wood and put it under the piece of wood on my leg. He lifted it up and I pulled my leg out from underneath it and clung it to my chest.

"Come on, Dalia. We gotta get you outta here!" Dallas yelled.

I tried to wipe away my tears as I grabbed Dallas' hand and helped me up.

He offered to help me walk to the door but it was just hindering our chances of survival.

I ran as fast as I could on my hurt leg to the door and we made it to this really small room.

I couldn't believe it.

I really might survive!

I saw Johnny and Ponyboy outside, both safe.

"I'm not gonna fit through this hole!" I yelled at Dallas.

"You've gotta at least try!" He yelled back.

I looked at it and new in a heartbeat I'd get stuck if I attempted to get through the hole.

I pushed my hands together and pushed my elbow next to the hole to make it bigger.

"Careful!" Dallas yelled.

"We've passed that point!" I yelled.

I did it once more and I was able to step through the hole. I went first and Dallas came out right behind me.

We ran out and I noticed flames on my sleeves of my jacket.

I started yelling and screaming trying desperately to get it off of me before it burned through my skin.

I caught a glimpse of all the black ash on me and my leg which looked like a burnt chicken wing.

I got the jacket off of me and started yelling by just looking at my leg.

I saw an ambulance and a bunch of paramedics running up to us and checking out all the kids. I couldn't think straight.

But I was alive!

At least I thought I was.

I felt a sharp pain on my back and everything went black.

Dallas' POV

I finally got Dalia and I out of the damn building. Why is she here!?!?!

She ran away from the church a bit and noticed her jacket was on fire.

Johnny, Pony, and I ran up to her and try to help but she got it off pretty quickly. We all had that ashy shit all over us which made me mad.

The fire burned through Dalia's pants and parts of her shirt which was where all the burns were. They were definitely all third degree burns but her leg was terrible.

She saw it and screamed bloody murder. There was still a small flame on the back of her shirt and she didn't notice. She was still shocked by her leg.

I grabbed a piece of wood that dried up and got cold after it was burned off the church and ran up to her.

I hit her across the back to put it out and it knocked her out.

"Dammit!" I yelled.

Ponyboy and Johnny looked at each other and at me.

I couldn't think straight right now.

"You all gotta come with me." A paramedic said coming up to us with a group of other paramedics behind him.

I barely saw Dalia being put into an ambulance.

"You two, get into the ambulance in the middle. You're gonna follow those doctors and get in the one with the girl." The paramedic said pointing.

Did he really expect Ponyboy to get into the ambulance with Dalia over me?

"No, I'm going in the one with her." I said grabbing Ponyboy and pulling him back.

"Do what I say, and this is gonna be a lot easier." The guy said.

I got up in his face and grabbed his collar. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I yelled at the guy.

Johnny walked up next to us. "Knock it off, Dal!" He yelled.

I let go of the guys shirt and pushed him back. "We'll all be at the same place within a half hour anyway." He said. "Ponyboy, hurry up and get in the first car with her so she can get to the hospital sooner." Johnny said.

I rolled my eyes and sat in the ambulance with Johnny.

I was fine.

Ponyboy was fine.

Johnny was fine.

Dalia... I'm not so sure was.