Bucks Place

Dalia's POV

I wasn't sure what I was looking for. I almost thought those two brothers were fucking me over. But I finally came across one singular little building with a red glow from the front.

Well... it's the only building within sight off of Sutton that would be a 30 minute walk. This better be right.

I walked up to the door and the closer I got, the heavier the smell became and the louder it got.

I looked through the window and saw some guy standing close to the door. I decided to knock to double check.

I took a breath as I saw him open the door. "Whaddya want?" He asked.

He was real tall and lean. Taller than everyone I've met. "I-I'm looking for Dallas Winston..." I mumbled. "Is he here?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "Dally's not here and hasn't been here for a couple days."

He started to close the door but I put my hand there to stop it. "But he does stay here?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah, but he's not interested in another broad coming to find him."

I couldn't help but gasp. "I- I'm not a broad! I just need to find him! And NOT for that reason!" I snapped.

He started to close the door but stopped. "Hold on. Step into the light."

I was gonna walk in on my own but he grabbed my arm and pulled me into the building on his own.

He looked me up and down, especially on my face. "Alright. Fine. I'll let ya in. His room is up the stairs, first door to the left. Here's a key in case it's locked." He said tossing me a small, silver key.

"Really? Thanks." I said, in shock that he actually gave me the key.

I wondered why he gave me the key after saying no at first. But hey, it worked! I'm one step closer to getting to find him.

I tried to open the door, and as I suspected, it was locked. I used the key and quickly bolted in the room. It was kinda like his room back at New York, except this one was better, in my opinion.

His drawers were open and there was a door halfway open that looked like it led to a bathroom.

There was a damp towel on the bed and a few dollar bills on the floor.

I looked around the room, a little nervously. I didn't like being in here. It smelled bad and it was... eerie. I hesitantly walked in the bathroom and it smelled terrible. How does he live here?

I turned the light on and it looked how it smelled. I saw a bunch of slips on the counter. They were all train tickets.

I picked them all up. They weren't just back to New York, though. They were for another town. It was for a town called Windrixville. I've never heard of it before. But there were quite a few tickets to the city.

Why would Dallas be going there?

But hey, maybe that's where that horse kid and Johnny are at. And they've gotta know where Dally is.

But where is Windrixville?

I can't go across another state again. Not in a days long train ride, at least.

I ran all the way back to the park with the fountain. I had to get Sodapop or Darrel to help me. I stood in the middle of the park and screamed as loud as I could, not really caring if anyone else was bothered by it.

I sat on the bench and waited for a few seconds before I heard footsteps behind me.

I was checking my nails and someone started asking me a question. "What happened?"

I looked up. Sodapop and Darry were running over. I grinned. "Just the people I was lookin' for." I said with a grin.

"Are you ok?" Darry asked, sounding confused.

"I'm fine. But I have a question to ask you two." I said.

"Why'd ya scream?" Sodapop asked.

"To get your attention..." I said dumbly.

Sodapop rolled his eyes and Darrel sighed. "What do you need, then?" Darrel said, speaking up.

"Where's Windrixville?" I asked.

"Windrixville?" They both asked.

"Why do ya wanna know that?" Darry asked.

"Cause I have a hunch. I need you to tell me how far it is and where it's at and all that shit." I said with an eye roll.

"It's a town about four hours from here to the south west. There's a bunch of trains that go back and forth though that can get ya there in three hours. But it's kinda plain. Not very much there."

"Perfect. Thanks. See ya." I said walking next to them and back towards the train station.

"Can we know your name yet?" Soda called out.

"Nope." I said putting my hands in my pocket and ignoring anything else they had to say.

I heard them laugh a bit, but I was determined to find this place. This has to be it.

I mean, I'm down to the wire.

I got to the train station and it was pitch black outside, by now.

I walked up to the window. "Hey." I said digging for money in my pockets.

"Hi! How can I help you?" The girl asked cheerfully.

"Umm... when's the next train to Windrixville?" I asked.

She had this huge smile plastered on her face. Was everyone this nice down here? "We have one leaving in fifteen minutes! Would you like to buy a ticket?" She asked, politely.

"Yes, please." I said desperately.

"Alright. It's gonna be $1.50." She said.

"That's it?" I said in shock.

She nodded. "Yep!"

"Really?"

"Mhmm." She said, still with a large smile.

"Wow. Ok." I said pulling six quarters out of my pocket.

"Here's your ticket! Have a safe ride!" She said waving.

I gave her a small grin and waited on the bench for the train. She was right, in fifteen minutes the train came.

Here goes nothing.

To another new city!