Chapter 10

Lilac bent down to a cabinet that was hidden behind the others, she slowly opened it to reveal a long blue and green case, the same case that held her violin.

The navy haired girl picked up the box and put it in front of her, she gently opened the lid, the violin was a deep shimmering russet color, next to it lay the darker red violin bow.

She smiled at her reflection in it, she closed the lid, stood up, and put the case on her back using the thick strip of tassel. She then stood up, and speed walked down the stairs and through the door, this was going to be her first performance since the incident, and she was doing in front of the very people she looked up to.

"Is that it?" Milly squealed jumping around the case that leaned against the wall.

Lilac nodded, before she trotted towards the Music Room's door and closed it. "Lilac, could you play something for us?" Milly asked bouncing in front of her.

Lilac scratched the back of her neck, "I was hoping to wait for the competition."

Hailey took a step-in front of her, "I think it would be a good idea for you to practice, since you haven't played it for a while." She advised.

The navy haired girl sighed in defeat," fine, but I'm going to wait until Jake gets here." She said crossing her arms.

Jake had been hanging out with his homies, and as usual he was running late, Lilac secretly wished that her best friend wouldn't arrive in time, so she didn't have to play in front of the club.

But to her disappointment Jake swung open the music room door, panting, "Sorry I'm late!" He panted.

Hailey rolled her eyes, "you nearly missed Lilac's performance."

Jake glanced at the floor, and looked up to meet his best friend's gaze, "I'm sorry Lilac."

Lilac smiled softly,"it's ok, now that you're here I guess I should get started."

The navy haired girl trotted towards the back of the room, she turned towards the club who were all staring at her. She brought her violin up to her neck ready to start playing, but just like in Middle School voices began to bounce around in her head.

Disgrace! You have no purpose! You always mess everything up! Fake!

"Lilac? Are you ok?" She snapped out of her thoughts to see Jake in front of her, the rest of the club exchanged worried glances.

The dark blue haired girl realized that she was hyperventilating, she shook her head, "I'm fine!" She assured.

The peach haired boy took a step closer, "you know you don't have to do this right?"

Lilac stared at him confidently, "don't worry about me. I'll be fine, I can do this."

"Lilac are sure you're o-" she cut off Milly who had heard their conversation.

"I'm fine! I can do this; I just needed a minute to warm up that's all!" Lilac growled.

Milly's eyes gleamed with concern; however she didn't say anything, Jake took a step forward to stand beside her, Lilac guessed he wanted to be there for moral support.

"If you ever feel like you can't do this, I'll be right here to help." He whispered with a reassuring smile.

Lilac nodded, then turned her attention to the rest of the club. All she had to do was block out the voices, she felt herself tense as the voices bounced through again. She felt Jake gently nudge her as if saying, 'it's ok I'm here'.

The navy haired girl left herself relax as she closed her eye, she began to play, unaware of a smile spreading across her face.

Lilac opened her eyes to see the entire club staring at her in awe. "Lilac you're incredible!" Milly complimented running towards her.

"I guess it was ok." To her surprise it was Zander who said that she let a content smile spread on her face. She had done it!

Jake was looking at her smiling, "I'm proud of you." He whispered before pulling her into a tight embrace.

After their hug Lilac turned to the rest of the club, "thanks guys," she turned to Jake with a smirk, "I've officially decided to play my violin in the competition! I'm going to add a violin solo to the song Hailey, and I are writing!"

The whole club cheered for her, from the corner of her eye she saw Zander walked up to her, she braced herself for an accusation, but it never came.

"Maybe you're not as bad as I thought you were, I'm willing to give you a chance that doesn't mean I trust you."

Lilac's eyes widened, she stared at the shorter boy in shock, "thanks Zander," she tapped her chin, "I think."

Lilac could've sworn she saw a small smile on the purple haired boy's face before he walked away.

She felt Jake nudge her, she turned her head around to see that the peach blonde boy had a winning smile on his face.

"What?" She asked raising a brow.

Jake's smile grew wider, "I told you he just needed time to get to know you." He winked at the end.

Lilac playfully rolled her eyes; she knew Zander still didn't trust her, but it was a start.

Lilac laid on her bed that night, thinking. Multiple thoughts swirled through her mind, how was she going to solve the problem with Drew, Liam, and Henry? When or how could she tell the club the truth about her past? Probably never.

The navy haired girl sat up with a sigh, she looked up at her calendar in front of her, she had "Band Competition" marked four weeks from now.

Would the club really kick her and Jake out after the competition, or was she just overthinking all of it?

She imagined her and Jake singing together, even her playing her violin. But she couldn't shake the thought of what would happen after that.

She remembered the other day when the jomies decided to sneak into the Music Room while her and Hailey were busy writing the song for the competition.

Lilac remembered how they treated Hailey and the rest of the music club, she wanted to stop it, but she didn't know how. They still thought of her as their friend, even though she wanted nothing to do with them.

She wasn't the only one who had to figure out where their loyalties lie, Jake also had to. She realized that it would be harder for Jake to choose than it was for her. After all the jomies stopped her peach blonde friend from getting bullied, and he was really close to them, she also knew Jake had a crush on Drew.

When she fell asleep her dreams were filled with conflict between the music club and the jomies.

I'm going to try to wait until episode 9 is released to work on the the next chapter
-Icicle