"I don't exactly know but it's regarding some wiring which comes up here till your room. But don't worry I'll help you move your things tomorrow morning." He offered.

"Tomorrow evening." I corrected. "I'm joining back from tomorrow."

His head snapped at me. "Are you sure that's a good idea? You need to rest." His eyes trailed to my Gucci bags. I owned two of them right below my eyes.

"I need to divert my mind somewhere else."

He contemplated the idea for a while. "Whatever you like. Just don't stress yourself too much okay." He smiled.

"Okay mom!"

"That's my good kid." He ruffled my hair which pissed me off and he laughed at my angry face.

"Let me just shut this window. Hopefully the noise will decrease." He got up and closed the window. He was on his way back when he stopped suddenly. His eyes moved to the object laying on my messy bed, half hidden beneath the duvet.

I shifted in my seat, afraid to have been caught. I should've been careful.

"What the fuck is this, Vittoria?" He held up the strip in his hands, his whimsical look now replaced by a hint of disapproval and anger. I casted my eyes down, fidgeting with the book.

"You've been taking pills to stay awake? Are you crazy? This is dangerous, Vittoria." He scolded. "How long have you slept ever since you came back?"

Silence.

"Answer me, Vittoria."

"I haven't." I replied in a meek whisper.

"You..you haven't slept for three days straight? Not even a minute?" He threw the pills back on the bed.

I kept my gaze riveted to the floor.

"Alright get your ass on the bed, little miss." He snapped his fingers towards the bed.

"No." I shook my head violently, crawling back in my seat.

"Fine then. I'll get you there by force. If that's the only way then be it." Ignoring my protests, he slipped his hands under my knees, picked me up and carefully placed me on the bed.

"I'm scared Liam, please don't do this." My eyes burned like hell when tears formed in them. "The nightmares will be back. They feel so real." I hid my face in the crook of his neck like a coward.

"I'll be there with you okay? I'm not going anywhere, I promise." He whispered tenderly, running his fingers through my hair. "This is not the solution. You can't stay awake forever."

Suddenly I felt so grateful to have a friend like him. What they did was wrong. They shouldn't have lied but I can't ignore everything else that they've done for me. I have never doubted their intentions. I know they didn't want to hurt me.

My thoughts went to the truth about their parents. I was doing the same thing. They don't know their parents were executed by Rafael. I'm hiding the truth too. Guess now I understand the reason behind their actions.

"Oliver was really broken when he learned about your life. We know your life has been anything but easy and you've gone through a lot. But you had started to be genuinely happy and Oliver didn't want to take that away from you. He knew he couldn't hide the truth forever but he still risked trying to push it as much as he could." Liam explained.

"I understand." I nodded. "It's all in the past now. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to forget everything and it's all going back to normal."

"You don't have to pretend to be okay."