C H A P T E R 66

Começar do início

I tried not to show the agony on my face. At this point it was like I didn't know what I'd do, what's the purpose of my life if I don't have her. That's how much she means to me.

"What went wrong, Mr Grayson?" She asked, staring at the ripple made by her feet.

"We haven't gone wrong. We still have everything same as before. Just hear me out once. I swear I-"

"Who the fuck is talking about 'we'? There was no we." She shrugged.

If only you knew, love.

"I'm talking about the plan. What went wrong with the plan? You even had my location. Why did none of you come to help me out of that godforsaken place?"

Her words felt like a slap right on my face. I must've been mistaken. Did she really say that?

"You.. You knew?" I gasped.

She scoffed. "I'm too smart to be fooled by a dumbass like you, Mr Grayson."

"H- How? When? I don't understand anything. " I whispered incredulously, more to myself.

"Tsk tsk. Someone's stuttering a lot today." She grinned.

The little space unoccupied by shock filled with a soothing relief. She knew it was all a lie. She knew I'd never give her away for someone else.

"This is where you praise my acting skills, Raf." She nudged me.

"Excellent acting skills. Why didn't you give me a sign? I was worried you'd hate me."

"One." She held up her index finger. "I do hate you more than anyone in this world. And two. You'd put in a lot of efforts to make me think you're actually exchanging me for Camila. I didn't want to make it all go in vain."

Holy fuck! She figured that out too?

"Yep." She answered as if reading my mind. "All that façade with Toby coming to find me just a few moments before the act, grandpa asking me to be careful about not slipping the truth about me being his sister and you squirming next to me making me aware of your action."

Should I be afraid of her extraordinarily capable mind?

"You made sure I believe you. You preferred that I get hurt instead of including me in the plan. But why would you do that? I have a history of messing up. Isn't it?" She snarled.

I looked down in shame. "It's not like that. It's just that.. It was all so last moment. We would have to tell you the entire truth and we didn't know how to break such a big revelation to you and how you'd react." I tried explaining.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"So you trusted me, didn't you?" My lips slightly curled upwards.

"Quite funnily, yes." She said, padding her feet in the water. "I knew you'd never do that to me. Apart from that all the observations I deduced."

"Observations?" I asked.

"You telling me never to take that necklace off. Liam showing up there and not catching a hint about what's going on. He just looks dumb. He isn't actually dumb. Those papers Nikolai signed were on the bench, right before his eyes. But Liam didn't notice them. How? That conversation you had with him just to let Nikolai know he had feelings for me so that you can use it in the meeting. I just had to join the dots. Oh and above all, your absolutely shitty acting." She said all in one breath.

Alright, I should be afraid of her extraordinarily capable mind.

"Fuck!" I cursed, utterly amused.

"You think I'd let Nikolai touch me like that behind the wall? You think I was incapable of at least alerting Liam that I was there? That fool Nikolai kept satisfying himself seeing me struggle." She scoffed.