C H A P T E R 62

Comincia dall'inizio

The reaction was an eye roll.

"Why Nik? Why him?" I stomped my feet, twisting my face.

"Hello to you too, Vittoria." Alvaro greeted, my ears now blasting with an Italian accent.

"Imagine me showing you the middle finger." I said nonchalantly.

I did a great job concealing my anxiety but I was trembling on the inside. Alvaro was here, which means Luca was also in with this plan. This pointed out to only one disastrous fact.

Nikolai fooled Rafael.

No no no! This can't be happening. I don't care if he even sells me away to someone. I'd happily do that if it means that Camila is safe. I don't even know how long she had been missing and what all has happened to her.

"Oh you see that? She has already figured it out. Damn! You're really good." Nikolai curled his lips up in wonder.

"You can't do that, Nikolai. Rafael at least played fair." I gave up trying to hide my fear.

My eyes frantically scanned the area hoping to find Camila. If she's here, I can help her free.

How would you recognize her?

Good question. But something tells me I would recognize her the moment I see her. She's my little sister.

God! I feel like I'm Mason and grandpa Ollie.

"Played fair?" Alvaro scoffed. "He was supposed to give us Ava. But that incapable Leader couldn't even find her in the first place and now dumped us with his mistress."

"That's fine, Alvaro." Nikolai jumped in before I divulged anything. "I was anyway doubtful about that delusional Oliver. Ava was a myth. Vittoria is more valuable. We'll be able to control the Leader with her. Who the fuck cares about that worthless Oliver."

Power politics huh.

He's so wrong if he thinks I'll let that slide. I just won't tolerate listening crap about my brother.

"Jokes on him." Alvaro mocked.

For a second I'd forgotten how dumb he was. He doesn't even realize Nikolai just overtly fooled the Zantetti brothers.

Although that doesn't alleviate our- I'm sorry, my problem. There's nothing like our now. Everything I had with Rafael ended with his betrayal.

"You don't have Camila, do you. It was all a trap." I snarled, staring up at the Russian with blazing eyes.

"The mistress is worried about the soon to be wife. How entertaining." Alvaro laughed.

I'm losing patience. I'm scared. I'm angry. I can't think straight. Rafael is going to keep waiting for Camila.

For Camila, not you. It never was you. You were just a whore. You should be happy she's not going back home.

What! No! Who is this speaking?

"Shut up. Stop. Please stop talking." I winced at the unbearable pain lashing me.

"So that's what happens when you're heartbroken, cheated and dumped." Alvaro mocked.

"And drunk." Nikolai added with a smug grin.

How cruel of them to laugh at someone in their weakest moment. But then again, what can I expect from them.

"Alright now. Take her away. Be careful, she's a fiery one." Nikolai ordered.

"You fucking maggot." I spat.

Literally. Serves you right, bitch.

I enjoyed the look on his face but my state of ecstasy didn't last long. Grabbing my hair in an agonizing grip, he hurled my head straight into the car. Hot blood trickled down my forehead and the world around me spun.