SKYFALL 2

She came out of the room, humming softly, her chest feeling so much lighter, her hands skimming the quotes on the walls like the lightest of feathers ever to exist. There was aiden waiting for her outside, a questioning and hopeful look on his face. She smiled softly and walked fast, fast, fast— till she felt her tears fly behind her and her feet take a lift off the ground.

She hugged him.

She did not know what the tears were for— she hadn't cried in so many years, why was she crying now? 

Why was she crying, even when she knew, she knew that she felt better, she knew that she finally found someone she could trust with everything— a family, a family that was real, and not another illusion created by life? Wasn't this feeling supposed to make you smile? 

Why am I crying? 

She wasn't happy, no, but she wasn't sad either— she just felt light, a feeling so wonderful, so different from the ones she had always known, she felt like she was finally learning how to spread her wings, and maybe, just maybe— she felt strong enough to whisper about the twin flame bruise to herself in a long time.

How did it go?
—Nice.

Do you want to continue?
—Yeah, maybe.

That's good then. Wanna grab an ice cream?
—No, it's fucking winter for heaven's sake

please wear a jacket, it's cold",  Zane begged, his voice cracking. He didn't know, he didn't know anything, at least, for these few years, he knew nothing. He didn't recognize anyone, and he felt he was slowly losing grip of that one person who kept him alive for all these years. Most of the time, she would be the Zara he had always known but times, times like this— he could never recognize her.

"No. I like the cold", she replied haughtily, trying not to let her cheeks go wet. She knew she was hurting him, she knew she was pushing him away— but it was all for the better. "The fewer people like me, the better the entire world will be", she thought.  Without waiting for a reply, she walked away, leaving Zane on the doorstep, his eyes glistening

as he looked up at the sun and bought two ice creams anyway.

A no is a yes, and a yes is a yes, he said grinning, as he handed the double-scoop chocolate ice cream to her and sat down on the park bench. It ain't a crime to bend the rules, he shrugged.

Why, he looks so much like a child, she thought, and her heart gasped inaudibly.

Thanks aiden, she whispered, her lips etching a playful smile on her face as she licked a scoop.

This is the first time I am having ice cream, ever since

you brought me into the hellhole that is your friend group. And friends? They weren't even people, damn. You are partying with a bunch of ghosts for fucking sake and the more I'm trying to pull you out of it, the more you're going in" Aza said, rolling his eyes out of frustration.

"Well then, I am more than just a person who parties with ghosts, I think. I love to sing, and if ghosts who admire is what it gives me— I am more than willing to take that. I'd rather be with ghosts than you, you never admired any of the songs I write, anyway" she said curtly, her heart almost bursting out of sadness and anger.

"Damn, why are you pissed off? I'm just reasoning here. They are not good for you, why the fuck don't you understand that? And for the song appreciation— I appreciate good things. When you start writing good songs, I'll appreciate your work. As of now, you write nothing but meaningless words— and I say all this because I want you to know that the real world is much more harsher than me, and to motivate you to write better. But oh wow, look what the 'reasoning' we were doing ten minutes after you sang and danced to all the cheers have come to. Awesome, fucking awesome, indeed."