I smiled, excited to have sushi again. "Oh yeah, you invited me to go with you on Fridays."

Layla smiled down at me. "Whenever you want to go to eat, I'll take you. You only need to contact me."

"I already do that with Quinn. We've been bad for eating at restaurants during the week." I admitted with a small chuckle.

Another kiss pressed to the top of my head. "The offer is still there for you."

My head tilted back to smile at her. "Thanks but you may be spoiling me too much."

"Are you complaining?" She asked with a smile.

"No but I don't want to end up acting spoiled." If I was constantly being given things by Layla, I was worried I'd come to expect it. 

Layla chuckled. "Please do. I quite enjoy when you're being a brat. Besides, it's my goal to spoil you rotten."

"That's not a good goal to have." I told her with a disapproving expression. I decided to give up on arguing with her about it since Layla wasn't the type to back down easily. If I really wanted to avoid being spoiled, I'd have to figure out another way.

Layla noticed that I was finished with the topic and began to twirl a strand of my hair around her finger. "We'll be landing soon."

"How do you know that?" The only reason I asked was because there hadn't been an announcement or maybe I hadn't heard it.

"The time." Her reply was simple and time zones gave me a headache so I didn't want to ask her to explain it. 

"Ah." I was silent for a few moments, only looking at my hands that laid on her chest. 

Layla lightly caressed my cheek. "What is it, my love?"

I didn't want to tell her because it made me feel like a child. "I... I really enjoyed the trip. And being with you." My voice was soft in hopes that by trying to be vague with my answer would satisfy her. 

"That's what's upsetting you?" It was sort of odd the tone that she was using. It was warm and calming which honestly only made me feel worse. 

"I'm just..." I trailed off quietly because I couldn't bring myself to say it from the embarrassment. 

Layla chuckled. "Alright. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"I'll miss you this week." The words left my mouth before I could stop them. I wanted to face palm for saying something so cheesy. "It's just that you'll be busy this week so I won't see you until we go for dinner on Friday... I'm just getting used to being with you. I'm clingy and it's so stupid--"

A finger pressed to my lips to shut me up. "You're not stupid, you're adorable." Layla took her finger away and chuckled. "You keep surprising me though, Brielle. It's quite amusing."

My brows pulled together with confusion but then my face relaxed. "So long as you don't dump me or anything." I meant it as a joke but when the words came out, they seemed heavier than I intended.

Layla pressed her lips to mine softly before whispering against them. "I will never let you go, Brielle."

I pulled back to get a better look at her face and she had that same look as when we were at the club in Paris. There was a darkness in her eyes and her expression completely serious. Did she really mean what she said?

Her expression then lightened when she smiled. "Hungry? There's always some snacks and drinks stored in here."

I nodded and we took a look at the options but my mind was still occupied by that dark expression of hers. I realized that each time she's given me the expression seemed to be relating to our relationship. Layla was a possessive person but was this more than I had thought? And with that, why wasn't I turned off by it?

The plane landed while it was dark out and we were escorted by Carlos back to the familiar black Bentley. Layla and I sat in the backseats but the distance was getting to me. Even though it was only an armrest separating us, I felt so far away. 

I laid my forehead against the cool window. Being clingy was a turn off not only to others but to myself. Layla could be clingy and I'd love it but me being clingy was not what I wanted. 

Her hand suddenly caressed my hair. "The week will pass by quickly. If I can manage some time before that I will call you."

I turned to her with a soft smile. "It's okay. Don't worry about me."

Layla smiled and looked at me for a few moments. "Alright."

The Bentley soon pulled up to my apartment and I figured a quick goodbye would be best. Carlos began to exit but Layla lightly commanded him to stay put. I got out of the car to see Layla was already in the trunk, grabbing my luggage. 

She approached me and pulled me in for a passionate kiss. My hands gripped at her shirt as she deepened our kiss with her tongue. Kissing her like this was too much for me before not seeing her for a week. 

God, when did I get to be so pathetic?

The kiss ended and she tucked some hair behind my ear with a soft smile. "I will also miss you this week, my love."

My lips tugged at the corners but I pressed them together to hide how happy it made me to hear it. Though, that only made it more obvious. 

"See ya." I said before taking my bag from her and going into my building. The entire way up in the elevator, my heart was pounding. 

As soon as I walked into the apartment I was being hug attacked by my best friend. "Oh my god, you have to tell me everything that happened because you didn't text me once! What if you died?! Anyway, moving on. What hotel did you guys stay at? What was the room like? Did you guys have sex? Where did you guys go? Did you go to the Eiffel Tower? Did you fall in love? It's the City of Love, you know. What about--"

"Q-Tip." I interrupted her ramblings because obviously over the weekend it had all pent up and was now overflowing with my return. I was thankful for my nap on the plane.

Quinn smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I got excited."

I chuckled. "I know. I'm sorry for not texting. We just had a lot of fun." I proceeded to explain the main points of the weekend and answered her questions. "Oh yeah, I also got a love confession on the way there."

Quinn seemed to struggle processing the information as she sat on the couch with me for a few moments with her mouth parted. "Wait... a love confession?! So soon?!"

I nodded. "Yep. She seemed a bit embarrassed after which was cute."

"Wow. She loves you. That's intense, my dude." She leaned back against the couch as she continued to think about it.

"I know." I said quietly. It was nice that she loved me and I knew I wasn't far behind.

"But you know, it's not that surprising now that I think about it." She realized out loud.

I looked at her with my brows pulled together. "What do you mean?"

Quinn turned to me with a nod. "To start, she pays you a lot and just because she's so wealthy doesn't mean she has to give you twenty grand a date."

"That's a good point. But maybe she wanted to date me that much?" My excuse was weak and I knew it. However angle I looked at it, Layla did pay me a ridiculous amount and that could only be because she liked me more than in a sugar baby way. 

Quinn smiled. "Also the way she looks at you is so cute. It's like she's looking at her whole world inside this spoiled little brat." She was laughing by the end of it, getting louder when I hit her with one of the throw pillows from the couch. "But for real though, she definitely loves you."

My cheeks felt warm and I brought the same pillow I used to hit her to hide my face. "Ugh!"

My best friend laughed. "Poor Brielle. You're loved by a gorgeous, rich woman. How do you sleep at night?"

I hit her with the pillow again with a giggle. "Shut up!"

I did manage to sleep that night but not after stay awake for what seemed like an eternity thinking about it. 

Andddd I got this week's update out bright and early! 

Oh, I forgot.... ILY!!!! You guys are all so freaking cute 🥰