Chapter 3

25 minutes later Reid and I were on our way to the first crime scene. "So, is this your first case as a government agent?" Reid asked me. The question had caught me off guard. "Well, um, no. I worked at CGIS for a couple years before this and Detroit PD before that."

"So this is your first profiling job?"

"Yeah, I guess."

Then we were at the house and there was no more time to talk. As we walked inside the house, Reid handed me a pair of blue latex gloves. I took them, and following a hunch, I checked the closet in the living room. "Wow" I whispered. It was gorgeous. The dress I found seemed to be from H&M, and had probably been over $300. But as I looked closer, I realized something. "Hey Reid? Can you grab that for me?"

"Sure"

As he retracted his hand from the dress he revealed a slip of paper. On it was "This is only the First."

"We should get this to Garcia" I said

"Shouldn't we process it first?"

"Look at this paper. It is deffinitly personalized. If she can find who made the paper she can find the unsub."

Reids phone rang and he answered it "Hey Hotch, yeah," he then put it on speaker phone. "You have me and agent Colvert."

"Well the families weren't much help, and now JJ and Morgan are trying to enlist the local Malitia in helping us."

"How's that working out for you?" I asked. Having personal contact with malitias when I worked at CGIS, I knew they could be stubborn at best and impossible at worst.

"We're...working on it"

"We'll be down at the station in a couple of hours. We just got done at Ally Bensons house. Agent Colvet found a note the unsub left. It says 'This is only the first'"

"Good. We'll call back if we get anything."

"Wait! Agent Hotchner, can we send the dress we found here, the coat, the handbag, etc. down to the station to you?" I asked

"Why?"

"I was thinking, who would know if this dress really did belong to Ally Benson?"

"Her friends. Good thinking Agent Colvert."

And with that he hung up.

"Wow. A compliment. That never happens." said Reid.

Then we set off for the second crime scene. A gazebo just out of the small downtown area. As we arrived, my cell phone rang. I checked the number-Garcia. I answered it and immediately put it on speaker. "You've got me and Reid, Garcia."

"Ok, one sec, while I get the rest of the team online..."

There was a beep then "Ok! I have good news! And Bad news. Bad news is I found the connections..."