Chapter 12

I woke to the sounds of keys click-clacking on a keyboard. Janice was muttering to herself and I could only make out a few words. "hate this small town" and "gotta get outa here" and "they're coming" was all I could make out. Suddenly, she got up and grabbed a key from her table. She unlinked my feet, and then my hands. I pushed her down and ran out the door. It was dark, probably night time, but I heard sirens. So I tried to get out and managed to unlock the door and open it. Just as one singular cop car pulled up. Chief Brewers got out and advanced towards me. He reached me just as Janice did. "She's all yours." said Janice. I looked at chief Brewers and he grabbed me just as two black SUVs pulled up. Then he let go of me, and Janice grabbed me and put her gun to my head and a knife to my throat. I stood there. Doing nothing. I wasn't frightened, for some reason, I felt very brave. I saw five figures emerge from the SUVs. Two guns pointed at Chief Brewers and three at Janice Heron. I heard Morgan yell "Janice Heron! Let her go!" and her scream back "No! You messed me up! It was going perfect until you came! I'm gonna kill her!" I knew she meant it and I knew what I had to do. While she was yelling I grabbed her arm with the knife and thrust it away from me with my one arm and simultaneously ducked so when she shot, she shot the air. With my good hand arm, I grabbed the gun and got it away from her and threw it towards the team. I then let go of her arm and ducked at she threw the knife at me. It missed its initial target, but lodged itself into my shoulder. I caught a glimpse of her running towards me, fury contorted in her face, before I closed my eyes. The last thing I remember hearing was two gunshots, before I succumbed.