Chapter 8

We walked out of the conference room and ran into the police chief. "My people will take the lead. Its out in Old Town, not that far from here." he grumbled. Then walked away.

When we were outside, Hotch addressed us. "Morgan, JJ, and Dave, you take the house in Bangor. We'll take the house in Orland."

When we got into our SUV, Garcia called us.

"Hey guys! I've been doing a little digging, and found our that our little miss sneaky Janice lived in Warren, New Hampshire, and moved to Otis, after a series of murders. And she was never convicted."

"Hmmm..." I had a hunch, so I asked Garcia, "What were the names of the victims?"

"Uhhhh...Alan Bentor, Calson Dogger, Effie Gazer, Hilary Ixo, Jordan Kledner, and Logan Morsa. Why?"

"She's killing people for ransom, but specific people. Meaning that our chief, is probably the Alpha. Which means, our chief is delusional. When did the Brewers move to Otis?" I realized

"Ummm...oh god. Two days after Mr. Brewers was discharged. Which was exactly a week after the murders occurred."

"Good. Ok, got it Garcia." I said

"Wait! Why did the previous victims names matter?" Garcia asked just before I pushed "end call"

"Our chief has OCD, I believe, and PTSD. His OCD is making him want to murder people who have initials that are conductive in the alphabet. 'A' Ally 'B' Benson, she was killed with 'C' Cyinide, and I bet we'd find a lot more then that that are like it."

"Well how do you explain the expensive stiff at each crime scene?"

"She had to prove that she had money to Brewers, and so she purposely left it at the crime scene where he could find it. However she doesn't actually have very much money, so she bought expensive knockoffs. When Brewers started the affair, it was she, paying him, instead of the other way around. And then she went bankrupt. So she had to prove herself to him. By doing the things he had got off on before, the dead bodies of people with consecutive letters in the alphabet."

"oh. Ok. Be safe. She has three guns registered to her...one being a Colt Anacosta, the first murder weapon."

"We will. Thanks Garcia."

As we headed to Janice Herons house, Reid said "Something that has been bothering me, I figured out. Something was wrong about the first murder."

Then me and Hotch realized it too. "Not enough blood." we said.

"Which means that she had a secondary location."

"Which is probably one of these houses." said Hotch.

Then Hotch's phone rang. "Hotchner. Yes. Ok. Yeah. I got it. Thank you. Yes. Good bye. Someone else has been kidnaped. Jessie Kendall."