Chapter 7

Just as I was finishing my story, the rest of the team came in. JJ looked around franticly. When she saw Reid and I sitting at the table, she rushed over. "*There* you are! I've been looking all over for you! Hotch wants us to meet in the lobby when we're done eating." she glanced at my empty plate and at both Reid and my coffee cups. "How long have you been up?" she asked us.

"5:30" we both answered together.

Reid and I waited in the lobby and 15 minutes later, Rossi and Morgan joined us. I was careful not to make eye contact with either of them. Instead, I pretended to check my texts. There were only two chairs and Reid and I were occupying them both. "Do you want to sit?" I asked to Rossi and Morgan. Rossi shook his head, but Morgan said very stifly "Sure" so I got up and he sat down. There was an awkward pause where no one said anything, then JJ and Hotch joined us. We all filed out into the freezing air and jumped into the SUVs. We headed to the station, where the cell phone signal was the best and most reliable.

When we got to the station, I imediatily went to the glass board that we had our collected evidence on. While thinking that I had missed something and staring at the pictures of the crime scenes, I jumped slightly when Reid tapped me on the shoulder. "Garcia has news" he said. I nodded and followed him into the small room we and talked in earlier. Hotch, Morgan, Rossi, and JJ were already in there. "Go ahead, Garcia." said Hotch

"Ok, so I looked through all of the officers files and came up with zilch. Looking down other holes lead me no where, so I stopped, looked at pictures of baby pandas, came back and found something."

"what'd ya find baby girl?" asked Morgan.

"A certain police chief who has a criminal record, that's what!"

"Chief Brewers? I thought it might be up in the higher archey, but not that far up." said JJ in awe.

"What was the offense?" asked Hotch.

"Looks like...breaking and entering, and...petty theft."

"Good job Garcia." said Hotch

"Not quite finished yet, my leige. I also checked his personal finances and he seems-"

"Hold that thought baby girl" Morgan stopped her right as police chief Brewers walked in.

"We might have a lead." he groweled.

"We'll be with you in a second," said Hotch

The police chief stormed out and yelled at a few officers for what appeared to be 'not working hard enough'. We watched him leave then Morgan said "Sorry, baby girl, go on,"

"That was too close. Anyway, so I went into Mr. Brewers personal life and found that there was a very messy divorce where he lost his kids, Alisha and Joey, and his wife Marry, when he came home, drunk and beat Marry. She left him the next day, and he hasn't been paying child support, but... he seems to have a boat load of cash. His bank account totals to $1,345,239.87. I'm pretty sure that's a hell of a lot more money then a police chief makes."

"So where's the other money coming from?" asked Hotch

"Well, I did some more digging and apparently...he was military...Marines, he was discharged after a bomb exploded, killing his entire squad, and...Woah."

"What?" asked Morgan

"Umm, well, our lovely police chief was also having an affair. With a woman. That is blonde. And...comes from a background of harrasment, and her father died when she was 16, and her name is...Jamie Harris. Her address is coming to your PDA as we speak. However she's got two addresses."

"Garcia, your the best," said Morgan with a smile.

"Aww, thanks. Garcia out"