𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 3

"I think it's great we're helping the new kid but we also need to think about our own safety I mean he's bleeding all over and you guys know there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak, I mean my mom's friend in New York got it by touching a dirty pole in the subway and she got AIDS blood into her system through a hangnail. A hangnail!" Eddie rambled" Eddie no one's gonna get AIDS" Harriet said to him "You don't know that Harriet, you can amputate legs and arms but how do you amputate a waist" Harriet looked at Richie as if to ask 'does he do this all the time' and Richie just nodded Bill lead them all towards an alley "you guys know there are alleys full of AIDS infected needles right? You know that" sitting the injured boy down on a crate The losers stood in front of him by the side of Keene's pharmacy "R-Richie, Hattie stay here" Harriet took a seat beside him as Richie leaned against the wall "glad I got to meet you before you died" Richie said sarcastically "Richie he's not going to die" Richie didn't believe the girl "anyway I'm Harriet Bennett and you are?" The boy looked at her "Ben, Ben Hanscom" he held out his bloody palm for her to shake which she gladly did "nice to meet you Ben Hanscom" she said smiling "you too Harriet Bennett" he knew he liked this girl she was kind but also had a sense of bravery and determination about her.

"just suck the wound" Richie stated "I need to focus right now" Eddie said pushing Richie away "you need to focus" the boy asked "yeah can you go get me something jesus" Richie rolled his eyes "what do you need he asked" get my bifocals there in my second fanny pack" Stan spoke up from beside the Bennett girl "why do you have two fanny packs" Eddie sighed a frustrated expression on her face "I need to focus right now and its a long story" Richie passed the boy what he asked for "I don't want to hear it" Harriet said crossing her arms, Harriet could see Bill talking to some red haired girl from school she recognised as Beverly Marsh she had talked to the redhead a few time but neither of them considered the other a friend "Ben from soc?" Beverly asked "you have to suck the wound before you apply the bandage it's basic" Richie and Eddie were still fighting about how to patch up Ben "you don't know what your talking about" Eddie scoffed "are you okay that looks like it hurts" Bev asked "no I'm good I just fell" Richie laughed quietly "yeah right into Henry Bowers" Bill nudged his fellow loser "shut it R-r-richie" Bill nudged his fellow loser "what its the truth" Richie exclaimed in defense "you sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" Beverly asked "you know w-w-w-w- we'll take care of him taunks again Beverly" the redhead looked towards Harriet who waved "sure maybe ill see you around" Bill nodded.

Stan sent the boy a knowing smirk "good to know thanks" Beverly walked off blowing out a puff of smoke as she left "nice job bringing up Bowers in front of her" Eddie said "yeah did you hear what she did" Stanley continued "what'd she do?" Ben asked curiously "more like who'd she do I hear the list is longer than my Wang" Richie said proudly "that's not saying much" Stan muttered Harriet laughed and high fived the boy who gladly high fived back "there j-j-just rumors" Bill said defencivly "anyways Bill had her back in third grade they kissed in the school play reviews said you can't fake that kind of passion" a look of jealousy flashed across Ben's face.

Harriet caught this and nudged him in the side causing him to look at her, she sent him a wink and his cheeks turned a bright pink but what both of the teens failed to notice was the look of jealousy on Richie Tozier's face "now pip pip and tally ho my good fellows! I do believe this chap requires our utmost attention get in there doctor K fix him up" Richie tried a British accent but failed miserably in Harriet's eyes "why don't you shut the fuck up Einstein because I know what I'm doing and I don't need you doing the British guy Hattie is the only one who can pull off a British accent" the mentioned girl smiled smugly and replied "why thank you kind sir" causing Stanley to roll his eyes "suck the wound get in there!"

The next day Harriet Bennett was walking down to the quarry on her purple bike humming to herself she quickly stopped as she spotted a familiar mop of red hair "need a ride?" she asked the girl whipping her head around to look at her "yes please Harriet right the British kid?" Harriet nodded as Beverly got on the back of her bike wrapping her arms around the brunettes waist "thanks for this" Harriet smiled "no problem Beverly" the girl shifted in her place "Bev" she said "what?" the Bennett girl asked in confusion "it's Bev nobody calls me Beverly" Harriet's cheeks flushed in embarrassment "sorry" she said continueing to pedal faster. When both girls arrived at the quarry they saw Richie and Eddie fighting over something like an old married couple while the other boys watched in there matching underwear "who's going first" Bill asked "we'll go" Bev spoke up grabbing Harriet hand and pulling her to the edge "sissies" Bev shouted as she jumped "geronamo" Harriet shouted jumping after her female friend "holy shit we just got shown up by two girls" Richie exclaimed "do we have to do that" Stan asked unsure "yes" Eddie said the rest of the losers jumped after the girls "let's play chicken" Richie said grabbing Harriet on his shoulders, Bev on Bill's the others watching "go!" Stan shouted the two girls lock hands and start trying to push each other off, Harriet splashed water in Bill's face causing him to let go of the girl on his shoulders "yes we won Rich" the brunette cheered "no fair you cheated" Bev whined "I see no rule book" she smirked back "ah shit something touched my foot" Richie yelled splashing around "where" Eddie screeched hopping into Harriet back trying to get out the water "Eddie what the fuck-" "it's a turtle" Bill said Eddie visibly relaxed letting go of the girl.

Beverly and Harriet relaxed on towels with 'bust a move' playing on the boom box beside Stan, the five boys staring at the two half naked females in front of them Eddie and Richie's eyes on Harriet Bill and Ben's eyes on Bev while Stan's eyes flickered between the two Bev opened her eyes and the boys instantly directed their haze somewhere else "news flash Ben schools out for the summa!" Richie said searching though Ben's bag "oh that's not school stuff"
"who sent you this?" Richie asked holding up a postcard "no one, no one" Ben said grabbing it out of his hands "leave him alone Rich" Harriet said from her place next to Bev "what's with the history project" Eddie asked taking a folder "oh well when I first came here I didn't really hang out with so I started spending time at the library" everyone nodded "you went to the library on purpose" Harriet rolled her eyes "people actually want to go to the library on purpose Richard" he looked at the girl while Bev came over and sat next to Bill "I wanna see" Harriet sat beside Richie there arms brushing and sending tiny sparks through each other "what's the black spot" Bill asked"oh I know this one it's err a night club that was burned down a few years ago by a racist cult" Harriet started "you watch Gerald?" Eddie asked "duh" the girl replied "y-y-y-y-your hair..." Bill began Ben finishing his sentence "your hair is beautiful Beverly" Bev tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear "oh thanks" Stanley quickly changed the subject "why is it all murders and missing kids?" Harriet nodded clearly wanting to know more "Derry's not like any town I've seen before, they did a study once turns out people die six times the national average"

Richie looked confused "you read that?"  Ben ignored him "it's not just adults kids are worse, way worse I've got more stuff if you wanna see it" the losers excluding Eddie nodded their heads "c'mon Eds" she held her hand out for him pulling him up and tossing him his clothes following the others to Ben's house