𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 2

Harriet Bennett sat in her room listen to Michael Jackson's smooth criminal whilst drawing in a notebook Matthew had given her for her 13th birthday she didn't know what she was drawing she was simply gliding the pencil across the paper "Harriet" her mother shrieked the girl sighed and placed her pencil down on her bed she placed the notebook on her bedside table but turned back towards it with a curious expression "Richie?" she mumbled looking down at the drawing of the boy with raven hair and glasses to big for his face "Get the fuck down here Harriet" her mother shrieked again she placed the notebook at the bottom of her sock draw making her way down the stairs "the fuck do you want" Harriet said to her mother "drop the attitude slut there's some boys at the door for you" to say Harriet was confused was an understatement "boys the fuck-" she looked towards the door to find the 4 boys she met the day before all stood at the door awkwardly bikes in hand.

The boys waited outside the garage as Harriet grabbed her bike from the bike rack and walking it outside "hey sweetcheeks what took so long" Richie said draping an arm around her shoulder "just getting dressed" she lied "damn sad I missed that" Stan smacked the back of Richie's head making him remove his arm from Harriet's shoulder "w-w-was that y-y-your mom?" Bill asked as the losers mounted their bikes "yeah she is" the losers nodded "unfortunately" she muttered under her breath not meant for prying ears but unbeknown to the Bennett girl one loser heard her.

"take everything but the delicious deals guys my mom loves those" Harriet was currently searching around Eddie's kitchen looking for snacks "hey first you say the sewer now your saying the Barrens I mean, what if we get caught" Harriet's head shit up in the Kaspbrak boys direction "Bitch I wasn't told about any fucking sewer" Harriet's statement went on ignored as Bill spoke up "We won't Eds the sewer is public work w-w-were the public aren't we" Harriet walked over and sat on the kitchen counter "hey Eddie are these birth control pills?" Richie snickered "yeah and I'm saving them for your sister! That's private stuff" Eddie said closing the cupboard door "wait Richie has a sister?" again the girl was ignored as she followed the boys out into the hallway "where are you boys off to in such a rush" an obese woman said from her seat in the couch while she painted her nails hot pink which made Harriet gag just by looking at it

"uhm just m-m-my backyard Mrs. K I got a n-n-ne-"  Richie cut him off "a new croquet set jeez sipt it out B-B-Bill" Harriet smacked the back off Richie's head "ow what the fu-" she clamped her hand over his mouth to shut him up "Eddie who's this" Mrs. Kaspbrak said pointing to Harriet a disgusted look etched on her face "our new friend Harriet mom she's British" Eddie said smiling towards the girl "lovely to meet you Mrs. Kaspbrak" Harriet said a polite smile on her face "are you related to Victoria Bennett by any chance?" the woman asked Harriet nodded as the woman scoffed "Okay honey and don't go rolling around in grass, especially if it's just been cut you know how bad your allergies can get" Richie snickered and Eddie rolled his eyes "yes mom" the losers moved towards the door to leave when Mrs. Kaspbrak called out again "Eddie-bear are you forgetting something?" Eddie grimaced and walked towards his mother kissing her cheek "do you want one from me too Mrs. K?" Richie asked as Harriet chuckled Eddie pushed them both out of the door "sorry mommyc he yelled over his shoulder" you still call your mum 'mommy' Eddie-bear" Harriet mocked "oh shit the fuck up Hattie what do you call your mom" Harriet's eyes widened at the nickname "mother I call her mother" Eddie nodded.

Harriet stood next to Stanley as they walked down to the Barrens "that's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy" Stanley pointed to every plant within a twenty mile radius "where, where's the posion ivy" Eddie asked looking around panicked "no where" Harriet commented from behind the two "yeah not every plant is fucking poison ivy Stanley" Richie finished the girls sentence "okay well I'm starting to get itchy now and I'm pretty sure this isn't good for me" Eddie sassed "do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" Richie asked the smaller boy "sometimes yeah" he replied "then you probably have crabs" Richie said walking into the water "that is so not funny" Eddie scoffed "ladies ladies please" Harriet pushed between the two "aren't you guys coming in?" Richie said after flipping Harriet off "uhuh that's grey water" Eddie made a disgusted look as Harriet started to climb the tree next to Stanley "what the hell is grey water?" " Richie asked looking at Bill for an answer but their leader was too busy searching around in the shitty 'grey water'" it's basically piss and shit so I'm just telling ya you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee" Richie picked up a stick from the water and Harriet settled on a branch high above the losers

"doesn't smell like caca to me senor" Eddie gagged as Richie shoved a stick with a black bag on "does it smell like caca to you senorita?" Richie asked referring to Harriet "I'm in a fucking tree dickwad how am I supposed to smell it from here" Harriet responded "then get the fuck out the tree" the Bennett girl laughed at her new found friends "o-okay I can smell it from here" Eddie said backing away slightly "it's probably just your breath wafting back in your face" Eddie's face was a mix between a look of shock and disgust "have you ever heard of a staph infection" Harriet had in fact never heard of a staph infection whatever that may be "I'll show you a 'staff' infection" Richie threw the bag at Eddie and Stanley who both jumped back "that is so unsanitary- these- you guys are like swimming in a toilet bowl right now have you ever heard of listeria" Eddie wretched holding his stomach in disgust.

"are you retarded you guys are literally the reason we're in this situation right now" Eddie began rambling "guys" Bill shouted from inside the sewers Harriet climbed a little closer to listen to the conversation "shit don't tell me that's..." Stanley trailed off trying not to mention the smaller boys name "n-no G-g-geo-gerogie wore g-g-galoshes" Bill said examining the sneaker in front of him "who's sneaker is it then" Harriet was not ready for the words that came next "it-its Betty Ripsom's" Bill said a littke quieter "oh shit no one tell Harriet she'll freak out" the said girl climbed higher until she could no longer hear the group of boys below her tears clouded her vision.

They found her best friends show and didn't bother to tell her? Dick move a stray tear escaped her eye and she quickly wiped it away her wavy brown hair falling over her eyes "please don't be dead Bet I need my best friend" she whispered her voice breaking with each word. Harriet didn't know how long she had been sat in the tree crying but she decided to climb down a bit to see if the losers had found anything else her legs wondering around the sewer detached from her upper body or something like that as she was climbing down she heard a splash and got curious, jumping down from the tree she landed in front of the boys with a thud Eddie screamed  "Fuck Hattie don't scare us like that" Harriet laughed "who screams like that Eddie you sound like a girl" Harriet turned to the boy that sat in the lake "the fuck happened to this guy?"