Chapter 14: Dazed and confused

I slowly began to wake, fighting to open my eyelids. Once I finally open them my hands instinctively reach for my chest and stomach.
"Hey its okay. Your okay" I hear Lucas and turning I say a very concerned Lucas, an even more concerned Thea and a few other people I don't recognize.
"What happened" I ask trying to sit up but failing when my head becomes dizzy.
"What do you remember" Lucas ask moving to where he is now sitting next to me.
"I don't really......" I began but trail off as everything slowly starts to come back to me.
"The dagger it put me in the past....you're past....our past" I say as an after thought looking directly at Lucas.
"I was kneeling in the grass and I was pregnant with our child. We lived in a little cottage on a field next to a small stream. It was my favorite place to be. I was sitting their and I though I heard a noise but when I looked around there was nothing there so I turned back to the river. I was rubbing my stomach humming a song to the baby when someone grabbed my hair and yanked my head back" I say swallowing I notice how Lucas's fist clinch but he keeps his eye's directly on me.
"Go on" he says through clenched teeth.
"When I looked to the person I realized it was a friend.....Angelo" I say pausing for his reaction.
"I asked what he was doing and he said he couldn't understand how I was with you knowing what you are and now I was carrying your demon. I tried arquing with him saying that he was your friend but he said no and pulled out the silver dagger. I begged for him not to do anything but he yanked me to my feet by my hair. He turned me to face him and said " let's see how much you're vamp really loves you" before stabbing the blade into my stomach. The pain was so excruciating, I had drop to the ground crying in pain. I asked him why and he replied for you to ask your people before stabbing me in the heart. After he disappeared you came a few moments later" I say crying and I can see the sorrow in his eyes also.
"I'm so sorry I couldn't save our baby" I say crying.
"No Raven don't think for one second it was your fault because it wasn't" he says caressing my face.
"I could have done something anything" I say crying into his shirt.
"There was nothing you could have done Raven, nothing neither one of us could have done" he says kissing me on my cheek.
"What do you mean" I ask in confusion.
"In the vision, you realized it was really you. One of our past relationships" he says looking me in the eyes.
"One of our past relationships" I asked even more confused than before.
"Raven have you thought how I managed to find you when no one else has" he ask.
"Not really" I answer truthfully.
"Our lives have intertwined on numerous occasions throughout my lifetime, each time with us falling in love and ending in heartache" he says with a mixture of anger and pain in his face.
"I don't understand Lucas" I say honestly. How can this be?