Chapter 2: Going Hunting

Its 5a.m when I wake up, after changing out of my sleep clothes into some work out clothes I head downstairs to my gym. I turn on some music, warm up and then get to it. I'm on the balancing beam doing flips when I hear the gym door open. I already know its Thea by her smell, plus no matter how much she tries she can't sneek up on me. I pretend as though I didn't hear her and continue on in my flips as she gets closer I focus on her movements.

"Good morning T" I say when shes just inches from me.

"Oh dear lord child how do you do that every time" she ask as she places her hand over her heart trying to calm it. I turn towards her and sit on the beam.

"Now what kind of slayer would I be if I couldn't even hear my mother try to sneak up on me." I ask with a smile knowing what she'll say, we do this same routine almost every morning.

"Now you know I hat it when you scare me, and don't go referring to yourself as a slayer. I wish you would stop this its not safe for ya and its dangerous. I know your special but it still ain't safe" she says and I listen to her ramble as I bob my head.

"Girly are ya even listening to me" she ask

"Of course I'm listening to you" I say as I hop of the beam I walk to her, looping my arm through hers and resting my head on her shoulder.

"I promise I'm careful and if I ever feel its to much I'll walk away" I tell her and not for the first time but it soothes her stressing a little.

"Yeah yeah I hear ya know come its time to eat plus you have to be at school in an hour" she says. I reach up and give her a kiss on the cheek before heading to my room. I strip out of my clothes and head into my shower. Now my shower is huge you could probably fit 10 maybe 15 people at once. Its all round and made of glass. My house is huge every where its a ten bedroom, seven bathroom house. Complete with the library, kitchen, living room, dining room, sitting room, indoor jacuzzi and pool along with an outdoor one, plus the built in theater. I wanted to sell it but Thea begged me not to and seeing as how she's lived for so long and has so many memories here I couldn't do it to her, it worked out for me too since I got my gym.

After I shower I get dressed throwing on my school uniform and pulling my hair up. As I'm sitting at the island in the kitchen eating the news comes on so I turn it up.

"A woman was found today in a dumpster dead, from the reports we have she died sometime last night from extreme blood loss" the anchor say putting the TV on mute I get up because it seems I won't be going to school today.

"Thea I'm going hunting" I say to her

"But what about school" she ask as she gathers up the dishes.

"I can't did you watch the news Thea that isn't normal for a vamp, they don't leave drained bodies just laying around" I tell her.

"Just be careful" she says kissing my cheek. I give her a hug and climb the stairs to my room. I change from my uniform to some black leggings, a black tank, and my black studded boots. Once I'm done changing I head to the gym, I have a specially made vest that holds multiple weapons including stakes, I put on my vest and throw on my black coat and make my way to my garage.

I put my helmet on and hop on my black volve sports bike, rev up the engine and go.