Chapter 11: Pieces of a Puzzle

I go over the story again in my head, trying to understand it all.
"So you're saying I'm the.... I'm the baby from your story" I ask scared of the words coming out of my mouth. This can't be happening I think to myself. He only nods yes still watching me.
"So what I'm half human and half...." I began but can't finish. There is no way this can be happening. I can't be what I kill.
"Your mother was human, your father a vampire. You are half human half vampire" he says and all I can do is shake my head. Then I remember him saying that my dad is locked away for eternity.
"Is he alive" I ask wanting to make sure.
"Yes but......" He begans.
"I want to see him" I say.
"Raven you cannot even if he is still alive he is guarded by the elders, they will kill you onsite" he says protesting.
"They can try, I have elder blood. If Marcus is my father and he is the most powerful than it runs in my blood" I say vehemently.
"You are only half" he says. Sifting through my memories. I remember seeing a man chained up when I was in Christo's memories. He was in the corner while the elders were discussing me.
"He is alive" I state.
"You don't know that, they could have killed him" he says.
"He's alive I saw him" I say standing.
"How could you have seen him" he ask confused.
"I read minds like you but when I place my pointer and middle finger on a persons temple I can sift through there memories its as if I'm that person at the moment I'm looking. When I was in Christo's head, he was in the shadows while the elders were speaking and there was a man chained up behind them" I explain but I find him just staring at me in amazement.
"What" I snap.
"You really are unique" he says placing I hand on my cheek. At the touch of his hand everything seems to fade away. He places his fingers under my chin lifting my face to look him in the eye's.
"If you really want to do this I'll help you" he says.
"Why" I ask not expecting his answer.
"In our world we search our whole lives however long that may be for our beloved, soulmate. Some time's something may lead us to them, other time's you just happen to stumble upon them. Like your mother and father did. In my case though I was led to mine" he says and to me it sounds like a puzzle. What does him finding his soulmate have to do with me and if he has a soulmate why did he kiss me.
"I have found my soulmate even if she doesn't realize it just yet" he says before bringing his lips to mine kissing me so passionetly I get lost in his touch. This time I have no vision, but he still manages to leave me breatheless.
"Come home with me to Italy, there we will figure out how to help your father" he says placing his forehead to mine.
"Yes" I say rather quickly before thinking of Thea.
"I can't Thea.... I can't leave her alone" I say but he only smiles.
"Thea won't be a problem" he says before adding "besides I think its time I saw my old friend and she gets to visit her home" grabbing my hand and pulling me forward, and speechless that would mean Thea is a vampire too.