In fact I kinda felt like just lying down and having a nap. Just sleeping away all of effort that came with being awake.

Elaine pushed and I tilted backwards. Luckily I managed to stay upright and not fall, mainly because Meliodas caught me in time.

"Huh? What happened to Liz?" Elaine looked confused before frowning. She nudged Ban's face with her knee. "Ban did you just - You did, didn't you!"

"What? It was just for a little fun," The taller male laughed.

"Give it back!" Elaine snapped, arms folded across her chest. 

"No," He answered.

"Ban," Her tone was warning.

"What does she want him to give back?" I ask tiredly. Even my tone was sleepy. I stifle a yawn as I rub my eyes.

"Your energy. Ban stole it," Meliodas answered simply, "It's his ability kinda like Full Counter but it does different stuff."

"Oh I remember that," I laugh as I think back to the times I'd used Arc and things such as that. Every skill, every move, was unique to a person and their own set of skills.

But Full Counter was definitely impressive. I'd witnessed Meliodas use it a couple of times and it was nothing short of breathtaking. Maybe even overpowered in a way. Anyone who'd try to get the upper hand often ended up getting defeated through their own attacks. Only those who thought quick enough managed to counter that ability. But even then they had to be careful.

"Elaine's gonna give him an earful for this," Meliodas laughed as Elaine slapped Ban's head repeatedly, still ranting. 

"Oh really?" I say as my gaze drifts to the crowds on the poolside.

They had long since stopped watching the chicken fight and instead found entertainment in other things. I found myself seeing these other things. I first swiped over Jericho, her face red and arms waving in anger as she gestured towards me, while Guila attempted to calm her down. It was pretty funny to be honest and I would've laughed, but there were other things to see. These other things were how people were talking, laughing, betting, watching...

Did I just say watching?!

My eyes dart back to the person who was watching me and met his dark eyes. Dark and as black as coals. Complete empty spaces. Soulless. He seemed to smile as I looked, knowing my attention was on him. He then mouthed something, his smile turning into a monstrous smirk.

"You're mine."

I tensed as I saw those words. He - did he just - He did, didn't he? But wouldn't that mean... Oh no. I knew this guy had bad intentions, but not that bad.

Eyes wide, I instinctively move back as he takes a step forward. Forgetting I was on someone's shoulders, I fall backwards. Meliodas couldn't stop me from dropping.

I braced myself to drop into the water, expecting the cool liquid to cover me, but instead my head connects with something hard. Really hard.

Wincing, I shakily bring my hand to the back of my head. It came back scarlet. Blood. A lot of it judging by how much it hurt as well as by how my hand came back covered in the stuff.

"Elizabeth!"

My vision was blurred now, tears of pain mixed with the cloudiness blocking everything. All I can sense is someone holding me away from the poolside. Water seemed to drop onto me, probably from the pool. Maybe they were tears.

"Oh shit let me get a first aid kit or something!" Ban's voice sounded followed by the splashing of water.

"More like call an ambulance!" Elaine's voice was panicked. I could imagine her face being pale and nails being bitten raw.