Chapter 17; Re-Introduce

Start from the beginning

"Are you ok?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Do you have amnesia?"

"Do you remember us?"

"Quick, how many fingers am I holding up?"

"Taylor, I don't think you get what amnesia means-"

"Shut up."

"Yes, please do," Dr. Weekes said from behind them. "Ms. Ellie is clearly not feeling too well, and you bunch bombarding her with stupid question is not helping."

A collective sigh of 'Sorry, Ellie' filled the room, which only made giggle.

"Well, to answer some of those questions; yes, I'm fine, yes, I have amnesia, no, I don't remember you guys, it's all very fuzzy and I'm sorry. Could you maybe sit down and help me remember?"

Their faces turned worried and sad, but they grabbed chairs and dragged them over to my bed.

The girl to my immediate left had long, brown hair, with all of it swept over right shoulder. She had a cute, little nose that had a hoop piercing, and parts of her eyebrow was shaved. She was short and skinny, but I could already tell she was lively and bouncy.

"I'm Lynn," she says. "I play the drums for our band, and I met you in biology, junior year. We hit it off when we agreed that our teacher looked like a very old Mark Hoppus."

There were two men sitting next to Lynn. They both had long, black hair and looked pretty buff and kind of scary-looking.

The one directly next to Lynn says, "I'm Jake, I'm one of the guitarists for Black Veil Brides. This is Jeremy, but we all call him Jinxx." Jake gestures to the man next to him, who smiles and sends a small wave. "He's the other guitarist. I think the first thing you said to the two of us is that we look like the kind of guys who works out a lot and owns a farm of pit bulls and pugs. You were not wrong." I let out a laugh at this; I could imagine the two of them surrounded by dogs in a barn too well.

The girl next to Jinxx had short, red hair and freckles sprinkled across her face. She was taller than Lynn, but she still seemed very short.

"I'm Jenna, I'm one of the guitarists for our band. I believe we met when I ran into and made you drop your books. I complemented you on your My Chemical Romance shirt and we had the next class together, so we walked and bonded there together."

I nodded and looked to the man next to her. He practically oozed 'fuckboy'. He had shoulder-length blackish brown hair, which was topped with a wide-brimmed fedora hat thing. He had a very sharp, angular face, his cheekbones standing out even more than Andy's.

"Yeah, I'm Ashley. I'm the bassist for BVB and I am obviously the hottest one," he states cockily. I scoff and roll my eyes, copying almost everybody else. Jenna just shrugged and nodded her head.

The last girl next to Ashley had straight, blonde hair that went about halfway down her back. She seemed to look the most worried, for her eyebrows had stayed scrunched up the entire time she was in the room.

"Um, I'm Taylor, the bassist for our band. Our English teacher paired us up for a paper, and we wrote about how impactful music is on the world. We didn't get a very good grade, and when we presented it, almost all the popular guys whispered 'emo trash'. We weren't offended, we just laughed and agreed with them." This made everybody laugh, as well, but Taylor just smiled slightly.

The man next to her had long, black hair with a bandana wrapped around his forehead. He was holding Taylor's hand under the railing, trying to be subtle, but I could still see it.

"I'm Christian, but everybody calls me CC. I'm the drummer for BVB. When I first told you my name, you told me about your first goldfish named CC and how it died because it got sucked up into the filter and got all blended up. You said you just poured out the water and secretly got a new fish and didn't tell anybody about it for months."

Everybody laughed, and it set off the most random conversation I've been in.

"You guys seem so amazing. I'm so sorry I don't remember you guys, I feel terrible." I say when the talking died down.

"Oh, stop it, it's not your fault your brain got a little messed up," Lynn said, who lightly slapped my forearm.

"I know, I just feel so bad. I'm trying so hard, my head hurts." I mutter.

I hear a sharp intake of breath and look up to see tears spilling over the edges of Taylor's eyes. She let out, "Alright, I'm going in." and practically launched herself at me. Soon, everybody had jumped on me to form a crushing dog pile. I turned my head to make eye contact with Andy, who was the only one not piled on top of me. He smirks slightly, then leans over and plants a small kiss on my forehead. I smile a little, but was interrupted by Dr. Weekes opening the door and requesting everybody left. They all let out distressed sighs, but slid off my bed and walked out the door. Andy gave my hand one last squeeze and followed suit.

The doctor went to my little IV stand and inserted a syringe, releasing a new medicine into the stream. My eyelids soon became very heavy and I yawned. Re-meeting my friends must have taken a toll on me. I drifted off to a dreamless sleep, my hand cold and empty.