Chapter 32

Luna

She was running.
Running through the woods.
Running faster than she ever could.
She was running.
Running for her life.

Her heart was racing, her breath uneven. Her black hair flew around her as she was running past the trees. It was night, it was dark, really dark. Her ears couldn't make out a sound. Only the heavy footsteps of her followers.

She had seen them briefly. A total of ten men, all dark-haired, tall, and muscular. At first, they had followed her in the city, she didn't think much about it, but then they had followed her into the woods. They were werewolves, but there was no reason for them to follow her. She didn't even know them.

When she had started running, they had too. Fear had risen in her chest. Then, she had seen the weapons they wore.  Sharp knives, their blades shone in the moonlight. She knew they were here to kill her. But why? What had she done? What had she done to deserve to die? Through the hands of people she didn't even know.

She had to get home. She would be safe there. She had to be.
Her son wouldn't be there, but her husband would, and as bad as he was, he might save her.
She hoped so, she hoped there was some good left in him.

She turned around to look at her followers, they were close.
Looking ahead, she was seeing the end of the woods. The house wasn't far anymore. Running a little faster, she reached the end in a second. Fear crept inside of her, but there was hope. Hope that this was all just a bad dream.

That was until she heard the shot. Someone had shot at her.
Luckily they had missed. She kept running, not looking back. Tears streamed down her face, blurred her vision, but she kept running.

The house was already in sight. And then it was blocked. One of the men suddenly stood in front of her. Abrupt she stopped and stared at him in fear. A big devilish smile was on his face as he came closer, a knife in his hand. Her breath went uneven, sobs escaped her mouth as she realized she wouldn't get away.

There was no one who could save her. No one. She was all alone. The rest of the men had reached her and stood behind her.
"There's no way out," a deep voice said, she couldn't make out who said it.
"You won't get away with this," she said, but she didn't trust her own words. They would. They would just get away with this.

"We will see." A shot was fired, the bullet brushed her throat and sunk into a tree. Blood spilled out of the wood and she put her hand on it.
In the next second, one of the men stood in front of her. She stepped back in fear, but he grabbed her and sunk the blade into her stomach.

She choked, trying to catch her breath. Pain erupted in her stomach.
Then, she felt pain in her chest as a knife tore through the flesh on her back. She screamed in pain, tears ran down her face. The two men let go of her and she collapsed on the ground, pressing her hand to her stomach to stop the bleeding. Her hands were red fast.

She had to try. She had to. For her son.
She couldn't leave him alone, with his father. He deserved better than that. He deserved to grow up with a loving mother. He deserved that and she loved him too much to leave him behind like that.

So she tried. Tried to keep the bleeding at bay. But it was of no use.
The other men attacked her, stabbed her, buried their knives deep inside her body. Blood spilled. Her blood. She screamed, trashed, tried to keep them away, but they were too many. And she was alone. All alone. The pain engulfed her.

One of the men grabbed her by the hair and yanked her up, she screamed in pain, and then she choked as the knife's blade went into her throat. Her thoughts went to her child. He was so young, he needed her. She couldn't leave him. The man pushed the knife further.