28) Save The Date

Start from the beginning

Hmm..good and don't tell your Papa that I said the f word in front of you.

Okay I will not...but only if you let me wear all your pretty dresses and sarees.

Aadya would say with a mischievous grin on her face.

Aadya chuckled remembering the look her mumma would give her when she would spoil every dress and accessories of hers.

The sound of the dog's barking on the street broke the silence engulfing her and the memories of the past she was reliving.

Sighing, she opened her eyes and giving a last glance at the black night she closed the white curtains of the window.

Closing her eyes shut she tried to sleep but couldn't succeed in it.

How could she sleep when her mind was fogged with their thoughts and her future with them.

"Control your thoughts Aadya. Control it." she said to herself.

However her mind wasn't listening to her, she sighed helplessly.

Getting up from the bed she came out of the comfort of her blanket and shivered slightly feeling the cool air on her bare skin.

A thought crossed her mind and she chuckled at her own childishness but she decided to do it anyway.

Opening the door of her closet she was looking for one of her favourite saree which belongs to her mumma.

It was a silk saree. Her mumma was obsessed with collecting different types of Sarees.

Aadya chuckled remembering how her papa would groan whenever they would go out shopping. Her mumma was a choosy picker especially when she was buying Sarees. The half of their shopping venture would be spent in typical Indian Saree shops.

Aadya would admire her mother whenever she would wear a Saree. She wanted to be like her mumma, look like her mumma.

Hence whenever she would play dress up the first thing she would do was get her mumma's most prettiest Saree from her wardrobe and drape it around her little frame.

Aadya bit her lips and controlled her laugh as she remembered how like a clown she would drape the Saree around her and get stuck into it.

It wouldn't be wrong to say Aadya was obsessed with saree just like her mumma.

However her love for saree vanished as she grew up, especially after the death of her mumma. Now it was nothing but a piece of cloth which irritates the hell out of her whenever she wears it.

Finally finding the Saree she touched it softly with her fingertips remembering how beautiful and divine her mother would look whenever she wore it.

She was the most beautiful woman Aadya had ever seen.

No doubt why her Papa was head over heels for her.

Aadya could not understand why after so many years, in the middle of the night she was thrilled to wear it again.

Gracefully she wore the saree and when she finally looked at her reflection in the mirror she could not help but admire herself.