"Liz," a familiar voice says

"Mason," I say, running to catch his body before it hits the ground. "What happened to you?" His whole body is covered in blood.

"Please help me," he says before he blacks out.

I quickly throw his body across my back and run home to try and save his life. I make sure not to forget the pup, asking her to run with me back to the house. I wonder what Mason's doing here? And what's he doing here wounded? It's a good thing the woods aren't far from the house.

"Mom!" I shout, bursting into the house with Mason on my back.

"What's wr—" she pauses when she sees me dragging someone on my back. "Oh, my goodness, what happened to him?"

"I don't know, but can you get me medical supplies so I can treat his injuries? I can't take him to the hospital," I say, dropping his body on the couch.

"Why can't you ta—" she pauses once she sees that Mason is a vampire. "What do you need?" She asks, understanding why I can't take him to the pack hospital.

"Anything to stop his bleeding. He's bleeding a lot."

"Alright, I'll run to the pharmacy and get you everything you need to stop his bleeding."

"Thank you, Mom," I say, tearing Mason's shirt so I can find where he's bleeding. He's losing a lot of blood. I fear I might be too late to save his life. He has cuts across his chest. One runs from his shoulders down to his waist. Who could've harmed him like this?

"Who are you?" Mom asks on her way out. She must have seen the little pup I came home with.

"I found her in the woods. She doesn't know how to shift back to human form yet. I was taking her to the packhouse when I found Mason. Please help me take her. I'm sure her parents must be worried looking for her."

"Sure, no problem. I'll be back soon. Come on, little one," Mom says to the pup, but she refuses to move. Her big eyes are fixed on Mason. She must be terrified seeing so much blood.

'Little one,' I say, walking to her. I pass my hands through her fur to get her attention. Once my hands get in contact with her fur, her eyes lock with mine. I can see the fear in them.

'Everything is alright; no one is going to hurt you.'

'Why is there so much blood on him?' she asks, her voice shaking. She's scared and must be on the verge of tears.

'He's injured, but I'm going to fix him up. He'll be fine. You have nothing to worry about.'

'You're sure he's going to be fine? I saw a lot of blood, Liz.'

I told her my name while we were walking to the packhouse.

'I promise you he's going to be fine, Elena. Just follow my Mom. She'll take you home.'

I also got to know her name.

'Okay, goodbye, Liz.'

'Goodbye, Elena,' I say before she walks out with Mom.

"You were amazing dear, I can already see how great you'll be with my grandkids," Mom says before she walks out.

Unfortunately, that won't happen because I won't have kids, I thought. I won't live long enough to break the curse on Nate to give myself such an opportunity.

"Liz," Mason groans in pain. His eyes are still closed.

"I'm here," I say, quickly rushing to his side. "Don't worry; I'll save your life," I say, holding his hand tightly to give him hope that I will.