CHAPTER 15

I wait a few seconds before Scarlett arrives at the border. Her eyes widen once they set on me, but her surprise quickly fades away, and a smile takes up her face.

"It seems you wandered into the wrong path, my Queen," Scarlett says with a smirk on her face. She knows very well that I didn't make a mistake coming here, but she wants to insult me.

"I'm in the right place, Scarlett. Are you going to make your Queen stand here all day?" I taunt back at her.

"It's Alpha Scarlett, not just Scarlett."

"No, it's not. Because, as you said, I'm your Queen," I say with a smirk, knowing I've won.

"Right this way, my Queen," Scarlett says, scrunching up her nose. This makes me smile more. She leads the way to the pack house, and I follow.

"I hope I can trust you won't tell Nate I'm here," I say.

"Of course, the King won't hear a word of your presence here."

"Good"

It's been a few days since Scarlett let me stay. She didn't inform the King I was here as she said. She hates me and wants to get rid of me. What better way than to help me? She also made sure the warrior I spoke to never reveals I'm the King's mate. We don't want word to spread that I'm here, so he won't come dragging me back to his territory.

I made sure to call Chloe to let her know I'm safe, but I didn't tell her where I am. I've been keeping in touch with her and Ana. I know it's risky, but I didn't want her and Ana to worry too much about me. While scrolling through social media on my phone, I hear a knock at my door. It's Scarlett.

"Hello."

"How are you doing today? I hope you're enjoying your stay here?" she asks, her voice clearly in genuine. I know very well she doesn't care.

"I'm fine, thank you for asking. I am actually enjoying my stay here," I say, which is the truth. Scarlett might hate me, but she knows how to host a guest.

"Don't get too comfortable."

"No worries there. Is there something you need from me?" I ask, wondering why she's here.

"I'm here to give you some good news."

"Good news?" I ask, shocked to hear her say that.

"Yes, good news, the Alpha King has asked every pack to look for your mother around their lands, and we have—"

"What did you say?" I cut her off, not believing Nate would ask everyone to search for my mother.

"I said the Alpha King asked every pack to look for your mother around their land and—"

"Are you sure?" I cut her off again.

"Am I sure about what?" she asks, irritated.

"I'm asking you if you're sure the Alpha King asked you to look for my mother?"

"Yes, I'm sure. May I continue?"

"I'm surprised is all. Yes, you can continue." I can't believe Nate did that for me. All this while, I've been angry he didn't allow me to look for her when he'd already ordered every pack to search for her. Why didn't he tell me? Maybe I won't have run away twice.

"I don't know what he sees in you to have every pack looking for your mother, but that's that. As I was saying, a few of my trackers say a human saw her in a city not too far away from here."

"Really, did they find her?" I ask, hopeful.

"They didn't see her personally, but the human claims to have seen her around the town."