𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

Start from the beginning

"You slayed dozens of Ronan's minions."

"Ronan murdered my wife, Ovette, and my daughter, Kamaria," Drax continued speaking without taking his eyes off of Gamora as he walked closer to her, "he slaughtered them where they stood. And he laughed!"

Primrose jumped at the man's sudden change in tone, causing the prisoners restraining her to let out small laughs. The Quill woman chose to ignore them as she glanced over at her brother, only to find him staring straight back at her with a worried look plastered on his face. The two of them just stared at each other for another moment before they both looked back at Drax when he continued to speak.

"Her life is not yours to take. He took my family from me. I shall take one of his in return," the Kylosian man stated as he looked away from one of the inmates and back at Gamora.

"Of course, Drax. Here," the man stuttered as he handed Drax his dagger.

The next thing anyone knew Gamora attacked the prisoners pointing their daggers at her. As soon as she had the sharp objects in her hands, she pointed them straight at Drax and the leader of the small group of inmates. The Zehoberei woman just stared at them for a long moment before her eyes fell on the two inmates restraining Primrose.

"Let her go," Gamora hissed, causing the prisoners to release their grasp on the Quill woman's arms then the former's attention fell back on the two men in front of her.

"I'm no family to Ronan or Thanos," she declared before she slowly took the daggers away from their necks and let them fall to the floor, "I'm your only hope at stopping him."

The immediate response Gamora received was a loud shout from Drax before he grabbed her neck and slammed her into the wall. Just as Primrose made a move to help the raven-haired woman, the two prisoners grabbed her arms once again and pulled her away from the action. The Quill woman helplessly watched as Drax grabbed a dagger from the inmate next to him and placed it inches away from Gamora's neck.

"Woman, your words mean nothing to me!" the Kylosian man shouted in the Zehoberei woman's face as he slowly brought the metal object closer to her neck.

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey! Hey!" Peter yelled as he rushed into the room with one head outstretched towards the small crowd of inmates.

"This isn't gonna end well," Primrose muttered under her breath when she saw the determined expression on her brother's face, receiving confused looks from the two inmates restraining her before the three of them turned their attention back to the situation at hand.

"You know, if killing Ronan is truly your sole purpose, I don't think this is the best way to go about it," the Quill man told Drax as he continued to slowly approach him with his hands in the air.

"Are you not the man this wench attempted to kill?" the Kylosian man questioned while keeping his hand tightly gripped around Gamora's neck.

"Well, I mean, she's hardly the first woman to try and do that to me," Peter admitted before he glanced over at his annoyed-looking sister, "isn't that right, Rosie?"

"Please leave me out of this."

Peter sent his sister an annoyed look before he turned his attention back to the situation at hand and lifted up his shirt. "Look, this is from a smoking-hot Rajak girl. Stabbed me with a fork. Didn't like me skipping out on her at sunrise," he explained then he pulled his shirt collar down a bit to reveal another scar. "I got, right here, a Kree girl tried to rip out my thorax. She caught me with this skinny little A'askavariian who worked in Nova records. I was trying to get information. You ever seen an A'askavariian? They have tentacles, and needles for teeth. If you think I'm seriously interested in that, then..."