𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓮

Harriet Bennett is the youngest of the Bennett family her mother and father had her after just 5 years of marriage her older brother Matthew Bennett a football player like his father paid the most attention to the young girl as her parents were almost never there. Her mother was most likely fucking some guy in an alley somewhere while her father was drowning away his sorrows in alcohol and drugs and because of this Harriet had a hard time trusting people she hardly had any friends (if you didn't count her brother) she was rude and occasionally she liked to have one or two cigarettes but she hadn't smoked one in 4 weeks which was an achievement for her, then she got the news.

Her father had finally come to his senses and decided to divorce his wife taking his eldest son with him leaving Harriet to leave with her mother, Victoria Bennett had booked a flight to Derry Maine and dragged her daughter to the airport plonking the young girl on a plane away from her brother and father to say she was heartbroken was an understatement she couldn't control the sobs that escaped her mouth sitting on the uncomfortable airplane chair she brought her knees to her chest and cried "oh shit up dipshit it's not like they loved you or anything be greatful I'm even taking you with me instead of dropping you off at the nearest orphanage" Victoria Bennett's cold glare pierced her skin like a knife flinching at her mother's words 'maybe an orphanage would be better than this' she thought placing her headphones on her ears and playing the tape her brother had made her before she left, Victoria and Harriet ignored each other for the rest of the trip.

Once the plane landed Harriet was determined to get as far away from her mother as possible so once they arrived at the new house Harriet legged it up the street her mother's shrill voice shouting after her "Harriet Clara Bennett get your fucking ass back here now!" Harriet smiled at the mention of her full name she'd really pissed her off now but oh well what can ya do, Harriet had been walking for 45 minutes when she bumped into a small body "oh lord I'm so sorry" she said helping the girl up "no problem I've not seen you around before are you new?" Harriet nodded "my names Harriet, Harriet Bennett" she held her tanned hand out for the girl to shake which she did with a large smile on her face "I'm Betty, Betty Ripsom" Harriet liked this girl her short dark brown hair falling just below her shoulders and her sparkling green eyes just seemed filled to the brim with kindness she could tell her and Betty would get along nicely "by the way your accent..." the brunette said trailing off not wanting to offend her new friend "oh right I moved from London so I'm British" Betty's eyes lit up more as she started asking a series of question on British culture the Bennett girl chuckled which caused a frown to appear on Betty's face "I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you by laughing Bet its just I've never seen someone so excited over Britain" Betty smiled again at the nickname "Bet?" she asked "do you not like it?" Harriet questioned "no no I love it its just now I need a nickname for you" the girl placed her hand on her chin in a thinking motion "how about Hattie?" Harriet smiled "I love it"

A/n: as I mentioned in Mrs O'connor I watched IT for the first time and said fuck it but I will post the cast and shit next