Chapter 51

"Doctor Cho was hired by a man named Shin.  Shin is, probably was, the Alpha and also Jungkook's father's friend.  A long time friend, I suppose?", Namjoon turns to Jungkook, earning a nod from him, then he continues. "Served in Area 15's jail for 10 years, his last whereabouts was in Area 44. Chief Officer Kwon's area"

Yoongi project's a document onto the screen and nods to Seri.

"There is a recent change to the in and out movement in Area 44, the sea shipments  especially. Looks like they opened the border that has been closed for the past 25 years. Some agreement could have been made between Area 44 and the neighbouring Area 15. Area 15 is in the center of all sea cargo movements and I think that could be the reason", Seri points at the red circle on the screen. "This is where every ship must go through to enter the land"

"Illegal shipments", Maya sighs under her breath, studying the paper in her hand.

"Sea shipments?", Taehyung asked from beside her, peeping at her paper.

"No. Land shipments. There is another border opened on land, in the forest. The patrol officers from Area 15 and Area 44 to guard the border have been dismissed for a few months. Nobody is keeping watch of the border", Maya explains to the whole room, her jaw clenching as she looks up at the projected map.

Then she turns to Sparrow sitting at the other side of her, and almost immediately Sparrow nods to her. "I will set a meeting with Chief Officer Kwon"

"His name rings a bell", Mina drums her fingers as she frowns to herself.

"He is the asshole -"

"Language, Seri", Mina gasps.

"The asshole who questioned us back during the general meeting", Seri ignores the warning and looks at Mina's face, rolling her eyes in feign annoyance.

"The Chief questioned who?", Sparrow looks at Mina and Seri simultaneously, confused but curious. "Who the fu- sorry, my bad, who the hell questioned my lovely ladies?"

Jimin and Namjoon turn to him, mouth agape and irritation flash in their eyes for a second.

"This is interesting", Yuna twirls in her chair at the end of the big long table, lollipop in her mouth while she polishes her knife, out in the open, in front of everyone at the table.

Maya sighs again, shrugging her shoulders a little as she ignores Sparrow's curiosity. She turns to Taehyung, only to find him already looking at her, concerned filled in his eyes.

"You must meet Chief Office Kwon?"

"Yes, we have loopholes here. He might be the best lead we have for now"

Taehyung considers her words, but then he feels the need to step up and do something about this issue. He searches for Jungkook, then as if Jungkook could read his mind, he turns in time to meet Taehyung's eyes. They look at each other for a second and Jungkook nods knowingly.

"I have a proposition", Taehyung straightens his back, catching everyone's attention with the authoritative tone in his voice.

The room falls into a pin drop silence, several eyes widening in astonishment at the sound of Taehyung's voice, the elite regiment members, including Maya, look at him with a calm prepared face while the other werewolves seem to already know what is in his head.

"Considering that Shin is a werewolf, and he has a long history with my father and the Alpha of Area 09, Jungkook's father, would it be better if you let us take the lead this time. With all due respect, we have no objection for the elite regiment to lead on the investigation. But, I think to get personal information on a werewolf, we need to smoothly blend into the wolfpacks of all areas possible"