Chapter 11

The said safe house is located at the south of Area 31, guarded with a massive steel gate that reaches 4 meters in height, motion alarm sensors installed on every panel, and as a matter of fact, it looks more like a museum instead of a safe house. Outsiders will probably mistaken the big building with flags adoring the main gates, blooming flower plants all around the field and the pathway to the entrance of the building, rich green trees at every panel of the gates to be somethint isntead of the safe house in the village. Whoever decided the layout of the place really thought ahead.

The safe house has everything ; individual rooms for families, big kitchens at every floor, a snack pantry, laundry rooms, bathrooms and toilets at every corner possible, store room for all the supplies and also, a specific room for medical supplies. There is one room guarded with a fingerprint sensor on the big black metallic door on which only the higher ranking officers have access to it.

The weapons room

Maya crouches beside Dahyun, treating the little wound on her knee when she fell earlier. Hani is treating another injured officer at the side while the other nurses and teachers are doing their best to assist the ones who got injured. Officer Kim Namjoon is seen standing at the entrance of the house, his wounds treated and he looks like he is waiting for someone. His eyes keep on darting to the small window at the side of the closed double doors. There is another guy dressed quite similar to him, but with a smaller star badge on his pocket, standing beside him, his black hair a little dishevelled. He had politely thanked Maya earlier when Jimin introduced her, but apparently, she didn't get his name.

"Maya, you were very cool just now!", Dahyun chirps excitedly as she wiggles on the small chair, her bright eyes beaming with so much amazement. "I want to be like you one day"

Maya softens at her words as she gently tightens the little white bandage around her knee, making sure the grip is not too tight but not too loose. Dahyun has been complimenting her endlessly for the past 40 minutes, narrating everything she saw from earlier and Maya has no other choice to entertain her.

Putting the dirty towels into the small basket, she turns to Dahyun, lifting her up so she stands on the chair. She reaches for her hair, planning to untie the messy knot so she can tie her hair all over again. But suddenly, she hears the main door being pushed open harshly, hitting the wall beside it with the loudest thump. The sound echoes all through the safe house, halting everyone's movement and the busy murmurs gradually become fainter and fainter as the entire house falls into a pin drop silence.

Maya could feel the swift change in the air, turning from airy and light to something heavy laced with fear and anxiousness. She turns around to look at the door and finds the source of everyone's sudden change of energy.

Taehyung is standing at the door. Their Alpha is back.

She wonders why everyone suddenly shrinks at the sight of the Alpha but then a thought crosses her mind as she watches the people around her. There are werewolves and shifters among these people. With heightened senses, of course they can feel the burning rage of their Alpha. His village just got attacked while he is not around and there are many people injured.

What kind of a leader would not be enraged by that ?

Maya watches as Taehyung seems to scan the big space, his undeniably sharp and furious eyes seems to burn everything that lands in his line of sight. Everyone stays frozen on their feet, unmoving and so still it feels like his presence turned everyone into ice. That's how quiet the space is, and not even a single breath can be heard.