Chapter 29

Namjoon and Yoongi's jaws dropped to the floor  at the sight of the unconscious man sitting at the corner of the interrogation room, hands and legs tied, his mouth stuffed with something that looks like a rotten cotton puff ball. What makes it even funnier is the tall and lean brown-haired man who had carried the unconscious man into the room. The unknown man who had flirtatiously winked at them and introduced himself as "Sparrow" and casually walked in as if he owned the place.

"This man weighs a lot, god damn it", Sparrow dusts the sides of his green uniform, fixing his dishevelled hair at the clear window, completely unbothered at the eyes scrutinizing him. "Oh, did I forget to introduce myself?". He turns around to look at Namjoon and Yoongi.

"This is Sparrow", Maya speaks before he can open his mouth. "The best sniper in the Elite Regiment. And this is Officer Kim Namjoon and Officer Min Yoongi of Area 31"

Sparrow's eyes go straight to Yoongi, nodding to himself before he straightens his back sharply and gives them a proper salutation.  "Sparrow at your service. I have many other charming nicknames but I believe Sparrow is the most charming of all for the time being"

Seri and Mina roll their eyes at his words, shaking their heads as they let out a long heavy sigh. Sparrow seems to have heard their sighs so he glanced at them and instead of looking offended, he clicks his tongue at them as he gives them a wink.

"Pleased to meet you Officer Spar-"

"Oh no no no", Sparrow lifts his index finger and waves in the air, his head shaking left and right. "Just Sparrow"

Namjoon quickly closes his mouth, stunned to the very least. He glances at Maya, perhaps seeking confirmation and Maya just nods at him. He turns to look at Sparrow once again, finding him smiling, if possible, charmingly, at him.

"Sparrow it is then", Namjoon nods at him. "But before we proceed with this unconscious person. I need explanation on what happened in Area 41"

"We knew we were walking into a trap", Maya begins as she nods to everyone to take a seat around the table. "Just to clarify your doubts, we knew there was a trap set up for us even before we went  there"

"How...?", Yoongi leans forward, eyebrows furrowed in complete confusion.

"I sent a fake and unsecured telegram to Area 11. I knew it would be intercepted on which it did, by the rioters. Because I directed the telegram to pass through Area 41's system before it went to Area 11", Seri explains calmly. "Then I sent an encrypted message to SMB. To Sparrow. For backup"

The room falls into a cold silence. Nobody made a sound nor spoke when Seri finished her explanation. Namjoon and Yoongi look at Seri, then their eyes shift to Maya and Mina seated just beside her, then to Sparrow who is looking so amused at the entire situation, so relaxed and unbothered as he seems to sink deep into his chair, looking so comfortable.

"How did you direct a telegram to specifically pass through a certain spot?", Namjoon asked the question to no one in particular, his eyes wavering.

"That's Seri's speciality. Codes and encryption? Directing codes and hacking into systems? Call nobody else but her", Sparrow proudly explains as he rests his arm on the chair handle. "I believe she managed to trace the source of the interception?"

"I did", Seri nods before turning her attention back to Namjoon and Yoongi. "I will walk you through my findings"

"Thank you very much", Yoongi gives her a polite nod and a thankful smile. "You are brilliant"